Suhr SL68 (FB) at the Dr.

CarlF

FB, for FUSE BLOWER. Since I got it, as soon as I run it a little hard it blows the HT Fuse.
Also, the front panel is microphonic. If you whack it w/ your knuckle you hear it thru the speaker cab. The sound of plugging a guitar cable into the input jack is amplified. You hear it thru the speaker cab.
So, I did some research. Seems even when Pete Thorn got his SL68 it blew a fuse. Some more of the same on TGP.
Now, it might be a shit power tube or not. The Customer Support is a joke. The guy there sends me an email every other day. A joke. At that rate it will take 6 months to diagnosis.
So, luckily where I live there is an awesome tech and amp builder. Jack at RocknRoll amps.
He will see what the problem is and I requested a 3-position Bright Switch. The SL68 ships with NO Bright Cap. Another joke, IMO.
Just blowing off steam. This shit pisses me off.

Last edited:
Makes me thankful I went with a metroplex instead. I was on the fence with an SL68 as well.

Seems he did what he set out to do though. They wanted an accurate representation of a Marshall. Seems he inadvertently copied the character down to the problems with old Marshall’s as well 😂

Too many other killer amp companies out there to deal with that BS.
I'm perfectly happy w/ these Synergy modules. Had I tried them sooner I would have never bought the Suhr.
The shit will be corrected but their Customer Service, as far as what I experienced.....blows.

Makes me thankful I went with a metroplex instead. I was on the fence with an SL68 as well.

Seems he did what he set out to do though. They wanted an accurate representation of a Marshall. Seems he inadvertently copied the character down to the problems with old Marshall’s as well 😂
I had the Metro Super-Plex. That amp had a strange issue as well (different) but George was great. Went back and forth a few times. He sent me power tubes and eventually had the amp shipped back and they sent me a new one.

FB, for FUSE BLOWER. Since I got it, as soon as I run it a little hard it blows the HT Fuse.
Also, the front panel is microphonic. If you whack it w/ your knuckle you hear it thru the speaker cab. The sound of plugging a guitar cable into the input jack is amplified. You hear it thru the speaker cab.
So, I did some research. Seems even when Pete Thorn got his SL68 it blew a fuse. Some more of the same on TGP.
Now, it might be a shit power tube or not. The Customer Support is a joke. The guy there sends me an email every other day. A joke. At that rate it will take 6 months to diagnosis.
So, luckily where I live there is an awesome tech and amp builder. Jack at RocknRoll amps.
He will see what the problem is and I requested a 3-position Bright Switch. The SL68 ships with NO Bright Cap. Another joke, IMO.
Just blowing off steam. This shit pisses me off.
Damn. You’d think they would play these new amps at volume first, before shipping them out. Just to make sure.

Glad I waited it out for the real deal. Got my 72 just before the crazy price jump happened. But, when I got mine I had a similar problem blowing a fuse. After about 15-20 minutes of loud play-poof. But, after replacing the fuse 3X I realized that the fuse was set for British 240v…and the seller never switched the fuses for 120v. Haha. At least it was the small cost of 3 fuses.

Have you tried just calling customer support directly? John is pretty active on TGP. He's been more than willing to answer my questions in the past.

I might be alone with this but I think Suhr as a brand is really pretentious and basically caters mostly to youtubers who can't even play. Plus their designs are boring and seems like their customer service sucks ass so i'd pass anything that has something to do with them.

I might be alone with this but I think Suhr as a brand is really pretentious and basically caters mostly to youtubers who can't even play. Plus their designs are boring and seems like their customer service sucks ass so i'd pass anything that has something to do with them.
Honestly I mostly see people impressed with Suhr customer support, some umcomfy shit might just happen at times.

Honestly I mostly see people impressed with Suhr customer support, some umcomfy shit might just happen at times.
That's cool. The guy was just taking too long to get back to me, so I chose to get it addressed locally.

I've only ever had good experiences with Suhr. I've asked John a few questions on TGP (he goes by Husky there) and he's always been prompt and informative. Also, the Suhr and Fractal Reactive Loads are basically the only reactive loads on the market that approach an actual cabinet's impedance curve. My Suhr RL has basically single-handedly made buying tube amps worth the trouble, and it's been rock solid through all the maxed-out 100w amps I've thrown at it. It's excellent.

I don't own any Suhr guitars or amps so I don't have any skin in that game, but all the Suhr guitars and amps I've played have all been absolutely top quality, no complaints here.

There's a bit of dog piling in this thread and from reading it, you'd think the company was run by a bunch of grifty scammers or something. In my experience it's very much not that.

Back