Sully '71 Trella

drewiv

I haven’t purchased any gear in quite some time; trying to be responsible to the family. I really wanted a Sully Raven, but when the Grover Jackson collaboration came about I wanted a piece of that. I’ve been looking at the ’71 Trellas hitting the stores over the last couple months and, while beautiful, nothing screamed out that I *needed* to own it… until NAMM. I got a glimpse of this one and I needed to have it. I contact Sully directly and asked about the guitar; it was made for him and he was going to keep it as his personal guitar/demo guitar for this particular run with Grover (as you can see the serial number is 16 of 15). He was cool enough to part with saying on Facebook, ”In an unexpected turn of events, what was one of my personal guitars from the Grover collaboration now has a new owner. When someone tells me that they must own a guitar I have, I generally tend to agree with them. ” He also grew up in the Chicago ‘burbs and was happy to see it “coming home.”

This guitar does not disappoint. I had Sully wetsand the neck to a satin finish before it left his shop and he still managed to ship it the same day. His communication was flawless through my myriad of questions and he’s a really cool guy overall. What is cooler than double cream pickups handwound by Grover Jackson? Obligatory NGD photos:

Reminds me a bit of that Fernandes model that had Dave Kushner signature edition. Cant remember the name though.

____1381009339.jpg

certainly different but certainly similar... I dig it.

Awesome, I've got one of his original Raven's on the way, the last one before he altered the design a bit. Should be here in the next couple of months.

alan67":2qlwn2v8 said:
Awesome, I've got one of his original Raven's on the way, the last one before he altered the design a bit. Should be here in the next couple of months.
The Raven is what I wanted until these came up. Grover Jackson and all...

Back