Sykes is back!!!

zz666

From the new Classic Rock

The former guitarist of Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake announces his first album for 17 years: John Sykes - Sy-Ops is scheduled to be released in 2017.

The 57-year-old has finished the material three years ago. "But then my manager died. With him I lost someone I could really trust, "he says. "So I put the disc on ice and almost forgot it."

The Englishman is convinced that John Sykes - Sy-Ops , his first album since Nuclear Cowboy of the year 2000, meets the expectations of his followers: "I do not think I'm nostalgic, but who likes what I like on 1987 From Whitesnake and the two studioworks of Blue Murder, the new things should also please. "

Attachments

• sykes_0.png
    sykes_0.png
    694.8 KB · Views: 3,290
hammered":14eo5pk4 said:
RockyStar":14eo5pk4 said:
He says 2017.....I expect it to drop 2023

It was originally supposed to drop in 2015 :(

lol exactly.... 2 years ago called.. it is still waiting. This will never happen. He should get back with Coverdale and do an album.... actully I would love to see Coverdale do an album with diff guitar players. Kotzen, Beach, Sykes, Vai, Vandenberg, Aldrich... have them all come on for a song or two. The styles would be varied, the solos killer, and the songs all in the same Whitesnake vein. I am not a huge fan of Vai alone but like him in context with bands. He always has a cool sense of rythm.

Kapo_Polenton":1qsk2hyr said:
hammered":1qsk2hyr said:
RockyStar":1qsk2hyr said:
He says 2017.....I expect it to drop 2023

It was originally supposed to drop in 2015 :(

lol exactly.... 2 years ago called.. it is still waiting. This will never happen. He should get back with Coverdale and do an album.... actully I would love to see Coverdale do an album with diff guitar players. Kotzen, Beach, Sykes, Vai, Vandenberg, Aldrich... have them all come on for a song or two. The styles would be varied, the solos killer, and the songs all in the same Whitesnake vein. I am not a huge fan of Vai alone but like him in context with bands. He always has a cool sense of rythm.

Coverdale's voice is pretty much done. Saw him in WS with Aldrich about 2 years ago... and his voice was done. Raspy, stretching to hit notes he no longer could. Bad.

Let's see Sykes with someone that can still sing.

Sykes is one but of those guys that you know right away when they are playing. I'd love to hear some new stuff but I won't hold my breath

Wow....guy dropped off the radar so long ago that I figured he was out and done....would love to hear more Sykes for sure! \m/

Sykes is making sure everyone likes the new album by covering all the required ground fashion-wise"
- Slash hat, check.
- Jerry Cantrell "Facelift"-era boots, check.
- Dimebag facial hair circa "CFH", check.
- Warren DeMartini shirt, check.

:)

:thumbsup:
zz666":3cktns6o said:
From the new Classic Rock

The former guitarist of Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake announces his first album for 17 years: John Sykes - Sy-Ops is scheduled to be released in 2017.

The 57-year-old has finished the material three years ago. "But then my manager died. With him I lost someone I could really trust, "he says. "So I put the disc on ice and almost forgot it."

The Englishman is convinced that John Sykes - Sy-Ops , his first album since Nuclear Cowboy of the year 2000, meets the expectations of his followers: "I do not think I'm nostalgic, but who likes what I like on 1987 From Whitesnake and the two studioworks of Blue Murder, the new things should also please. "

Back