Tech 21 power engine?

dwizted

Hey all,
Has anyone on here used a tech 21 power engine to power their Kemper or Axe fx or others?
Looking for a quick fix till I find something a bit better. I am just a man cave wanker and dont do any live playing any more so really dont need a 100 watts but I do like to crank it from time to time.

I Haven't done that but I have gone from guitar to pedal and into a power engine. It's not too bad but I think a better speaker in the power engine would make it sound alot better.

Well I picked one up today used for a killer price it was loaded with a weber alnico silver bell. I am glad I did it sounds really good. I never played a weber speaker before. I have played the celestion gold and blue and really dug them but man this weber is amazing. I have always read they are more geared toward vintage marshall tones but it handles metal too very well. I bought for running the Kemper and the power engine with an upgraded speaker is a very nice cheap way to get some killer tones at a reasonable price for the modlers out there.

Cant really comment on how it sounds with the celestion seventy 80 speakers it comes with stock. Maybe someone chime in with how the seventy 80 speakers sound. But with the weber it sounds really nice.

I used it with my standard. It was quite good when I changed the speaker with a G12K-100, for a more hard and metal tone.

The key is to keep the power amp simulation but to switch off the speaker simulation of your favorite modeler. The power amp is indeed transparent, but it's a guitar speaker, far from being frfr.

Back