The Blue Fez Over-Drive

  • Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
griff10672

griff10672

Well-known member
Been working on this forever ! this one is aesthetically inspired by @VonBonfire .....

it's a modified Ethos Train Wreck Express circuit ....... with all the bling I could put on it ...

including a big FAT Jewel light ....

1786404793359.jpeg

1786404819455.jpeg
 
Maaaaan....that is boss pimp level stuff right there son.

That is the soft glow of electric sex streaming from my chromebook monitor. :love: :love: 🤌 🤌 :cheers: 🤌 🤌 :love: :love:
 
How much $ are we talking about? I'm waiting on some fly date travel money to get reimbursed and I might be able to make this happen sometime between now and mid september....
The Blue Fez and The Purple Fez will be 200.00 each

The Purple Fez is coming soon ...... It's going to be a modified Prince of Tone using legit parts( all sourced from SmallBear ) .... it won't be simple clone

I moved all the internal switches and the pres trim pot to the top of the pedal .... you won't have to open it up to make any changes
 
The Blue Fez and The Purple Fez will be 200.00 each

The Purple Fez is coming soon ...... It's going to be a modified Prince of Tone using legit parts( all sourced from SmallBear ) .... it won't be simple clone

I moved all the internal switches and the pres trim pot to the top of the pedal .... you won't have to open it up to make any changes
I'll have to do some internet listening. Pedal is looking amazing....

My only heads up is that the purple jewel lights I've laid hands on are more red than they are purple unless you have a place you are sourcing from besides mojotone. We (band guitarists) bought a few and they were all magenta more than purple.
 
I'll have to do some internet listening. Pedal is looking amazing....

My only heads up is that the purple jewel lights I've laid hands on are more red than they are purple unless you have a place you are sourcing from besides mojotone. We (band guitarists) bought a few and they were all magenta more than purple.
The Jewel lens will be clear ..... the LED I'm using will be purple .... unless I have a spare jewel in my amplifier parts ... I bought a bunch from Mesa a few years back ....
 
The Jewel lens will be clear ..... the LED I'm using will be purple .... unless I have a spare jewel in my amplifier parts ... I bought a bunch from Mesa a few years back ....
Oh yeah that sounds good! :yes:
 
Why you no pimp all pedals like dis?
I have been making cosmetic recommendations for a couple years that take time to implement but can be summed up as:

1. Lots of toggelz
2. Jewel lights
3. RCA or other massive control knobs

Uncle Waynzo is entering his era of peak pedal building excellence.:yes:

But...that's not even a fez

250px-Fez.jpg
How exactly does he call it a fez when it's clearly a modified fedora or homburg? Hey....how EXACTLY is a rainbow made? How EXACTLY does the posi track rear end on a plymouth work? IT JUST DOES. :cheers:
 
I have been making cosmetic recommendations for a couple years that take time to implement but can be summed up as:

1. Lots of toggelz
2. Jewel lights
3. RCA or other massive control knobs

Uncle Waynzo is entering his era of peak pedal building excellence.:yes:


How exactly does he call it a fez when it's clearly a modified fedora or homburg? Hey....how EXACTLY is a rainbow made? How EXACTLY does the posi track rear end on a plymouth work? IT JUST DOES. :cheers:
My Dad use to call every non baseball / cowboy hat a Fez .... it has stuck with me ...
Shouldn't bother anyone that's not buying one
 
And a 20 watt Eddie back .... isn't really 20 watts
So how does the prince of tone stack up vs a gladio sc?

I notice it's a bluesbreaker style pedal, which my trusty Blue Note is also supposed to be. That's been a great pedal but IME is very similar to the Gladio going into a cranked amp. I'm interested to know what internal trim pots and switches will go on the front of the pedal?
 
So how does the prince of tone stack up vs a gladio sc?

I notice it's a bluesbreaker style pedal, which my trusty Blue Note is also supposed to be. That's been a great pedal but IME is very similar to the Gladio going into a cranked amp. I'm interested to know what internal trim pots and switches will go on the front of the pedal?
The KOT's and The POT's use " really hard to find " diodes ..... I pay up for them but they are worth it .... they sound fantastic in the circuit ...

they have a higher forward voltage than the standard 1N4148's that are used in almost everything now ... so the feel and clipping threshold is different ... in a really good way

the internal dip switches and trim pot ...control simple mods to the circuit as follows : gain mod , mids mod , clipping mod and a presence trim pot

which I have moved to the top of the pedal
 
After doing some research late into the night on these I'm kind of leaning towards Blue Fez/Ethos circuit. Some digging seems to suggest that the end result of the prince of tone will be very similar to the Gladio and Blue Note i.e soft clipping vs the preamping of the ethos in spite of the different diodes. Any thoughts on that Waynzo?
 
Back
Top