The great Singlecut debate: Gibson LP vs PRS Singlecut

I like my PRS 24 a lot. It was a real workhorse for me when I was gigging a lot. Very solid guitar. Well made. But my ‘75 Les Paul Custom has mojo.

I'll throw a wrench into this debate....ESP Eclipse>PRS/LP ;)
I wish they'd make more full-thickness models, (that aren't $4k plus USA), and better pickup options. I would go for white, for sure... Whish they would do a white Les Paul Custom-type model. Sure you can't buy an Edwards, but right now, they're a REAL pain in ass to get one, (without sifting through the Japanese hustlers on Ebay). I've been foaming at the mouth for an E-LP-130 White LP Custom for 4 years, yet can't find the right seller in Japan..

I would buy a PRS SC 594 just because the Maple necks. The mahogany necks make the guitars too polish.
But I ended buying Two Zakk Wylde's Les Paul and it has been my main guitar to play.
Side note: the Richlite ones are more aggressive than the ebony fingerboard and i like it more, but I still hold one from the ebony first year, just as souvenir.

I like my good Ole cheap Gibson LP Studios. After I touch up the frets, I cut a proper nut, swap 500k Bornes pots, and good caps and pickups, I have not been happier. All from $500-700 and they all play great and sound killer.

I know that I will catch flack, but I am happy where I am at, and part of the work is a non-issue for me because I have the training and enjoy doing it tbh.

I must also my Eclipse is a beast.

A Paul Reed Smith has NEVER done it for me. Bland, sterile and uninspiring to me across the board. I have worked, tech'd, and played them. Just at the end of the day not for me.

Back