The more things change...

my-next-book-dreams-without-my-teleprompter-political-poster-1280196601.jpg

So if I understand correctly:
1) Mark Cameron didnt build 14 amps and didnt return 4 amp mods making a total of 18 screwed over people.
2) Assuming $500-1000 was associated with each deal, thats $9,000-18,000.
3) TM hired Mark as a contract amp designer. He was paid to design amps and doesnt make money on each amp sold.
4) Mark Cameron isn't allowed to do mods outside of TM per his agreement. Mods are supposed to go through TM where 50% of the money goes to the Cameron amp P&L.
5) It is suspected that Mark is doing mods on his own.
6) TM has supplied 2 of the 18 screwed over people with amps.
7) They intend to make the remaining 16 people whole as well, but they are doing so in secret.
Is that about right?

StrangeC":zkerteel said:
So if I understand correctly:
1) Mark Cameron didnt build 14 amps and didnt return 4 amp mods making a total of 18 screwed over people.
2) Assuming $500-1000 was associated with each deal, thats $9,000-18,000.
3) TM hired Mark as a contract amp designer. He was paid to design amps and doesnt make money on each amp sold.
4) Mark Cameron isn't allowed to do mods outside of TM per his agreement. Mods are supposed to go through TM where 50% of the money goes to the Cameron amp P&L.
5) It is suspected that Mark is doing mods on his own.
6) TM has supplied 2 of the 18 screwed over people with amps.
7) They intend to make the remaining 16 people whole as well, but they are doing so in secret.
Is that about right?

1] Mark took money in full for 14 amps before we were involved. As far as amp mods I do believe there are more then 4 sitting at his house. Not sure how many but it seems like a new person asks me all the time to try a retrieve his amp for him.
2] The money owed to people on the 14 amps is more like in the 40,000.00 range
3]Tone Merchants is not part of Cameron amps at all. Its a partnership with Brad , Rob and myself. Mark is a contract designer yes.
4] This is correct. These proceeds will help get the missing amps to their owners. Brad has promised to make it right for the 14 missing amps but not any mods.
5] Correct suspected
6] Cameron amps has supplied 2 of the 14 amps owed by Mark
7]Yes Cameron will get the remaining 12 people there amps little by little. Mods that Mark took in years ago have nothing to do with us in any way.

Dave, if you guys find out that Mark is now ripping you off on this 50% deal. What are you guys going to do about it that's different than how everyone else has handled it?

guitarnie":1qm33sju said:
Not to Hijack, but it is sad to see talent tainted by one's own mind or substances.
I was on the end of a "feel sorry for", I hate to say genius; but very talented guitar/electronics tech.
I was buying shit left and right just to keep him busy.
I have one off crazy (good) shit stacked in my closet.
I can say I never got ripped off, but the "I need $$$ in my PayPal so I can finish this ... and then get on your shit" got old.
I will give a hint and say that Mr. Bradshaw was stamping his name this man's circuits.
He could be living large, but now he works for the government.

Who are you talking about? Feel free to PM me.
I've never known Bradshaw to "stamp his name" on anyone else's designs unless you are talking tube designs but I don't work for the government that anyone is supposed to know about :D .
If it was that Pedal a while ago.... I wasn't there and don't know the details but thought it was some sort of contracted design no different than many things that go on ;)

Man..This whole thread just brings me down man....I feel for everybody that has got skins in the game...For those who just get on here and throw stones without a horse in the race...Go somewhere else....There is enough shit left undone to keep this festering pus pocket oozing...I was lucky enough to get most of my money back when I threw down 50% deposit while Chris was involved a few years back...I have owned my fair share of the modded Marshalls, but always bought them second/third hand already modded...

To all of you guys waiting on the list for a CCV, I hope 2012 brings you an amp. The three guys running Cameron Amplifiers are stand up guys trying to make things right. I trust them enough to throw another deposit down on an Atomica and know that I will not have to worry about getting an amp....

An observation/comment about the tormented soul/eccentric genius/sociopath etc....I try to remain an optimist and think that things will turn around and he will make things right with folks, but it just does not sound like it is in his DNA....These stories do not usually end well for these types....

A resurrected thread of forgotten interest wouldn't you say ... and fast forward to today... Hmmmm... very interesting

Back