The most effective way to chase your tone...(Speakers!)

victorlee335

So... a couple months ago, I dropped a WGS Invader in my Budda Superdrive 18 amp. I've been meaning to make a video demo/comparison of it. I finally made it...
So here is the video! I like the WGS better but your opinion may vary.
Let me know what you think!

WGS are great speakers, they sounded nice here, good choice.

Great playing by the way, really enjoyed it.

I bought and sold many guitars and amps over the years, while chasing tone. Never really considered changing speakers, except maybe a handful of times.......but it is an integral part in the tone chase.

74JMP":a05tlhak said:
WGS are great speakers, they sounded nice here, good choice.

Great playing by the way, really enjoyed it.

Thank you!
And yeah I agree. They make awesome speaker and provide them pretty cheaply.

chunktone":23es58kr said:
Thanks for sharing. Stock sounded much better imo.

The stock has a looser bottom end (thus sounds bigger!) and presents more fullness.
I think both have their own places to shine!

OUTLAW1969":s20du8am said:
I bought and sold many guitars and amps over the years, while chasing tone. Never really considered changing speakers, except maybe a handful of times.......but it is an integral part in the tone chase.

Speakers are interesting! Making this triggered me to try more speakers...
I hear the sound of my wallet getting thinner :scared:

Yup, speakers have a huge impact on tone. The stock speaker has a lot more mids, and that invader is a scooped speaker, but still very nice! :thumbsup:

yessir , speakers as the last filter in the chain have a large effect.

its all about the filtering through the signal path.

first the pickup, then the gain stages, then the tone stack, then the poweramp stage, then the speaker. ( then mic etc...)

moltenmetalburn":12c2m61p said:
yessir , speakers as the last filter in the chain have a large effect.

its all about the filtering through the signal path.
This is a great descriptive.

I have to disagree. Most effective way to chase tone....
paraeq_1_1.jpg

It's the anti-amp flipper device.

anomaly":2x4donl9 said:
Yup, speakers have a huge impact on tone. The stock speaker has a lot more mids, and that invader is a scooped speaker, but still very nice! :thumbsup:

A greenback variant with scooped mids? :confused:

WAT

I think i prefer the stock one, but whatever you choose, you can't go wrong because you do sound and play great!!!!! Congrats!!!!

do it martin, that empress is the best EQ i have ever owned, HAD two in fact. the first one from the first batch that shipped. 18 volts is a must. i dialed up a curve similar to the s808 and boosted the front end, killer, Ill never use an overdrive again.

i also like the VFE rocket eq, but the empress is the BEST at this time.

Back