The Secret of the Harmonic Minor Scale

How long have you been teaching ?
I have been doing it 44 years. I don't do it much anymore. But was useful when I played music for a living. Live bands, studio work and lessons. I had to do all three to make enough steady income.
I been doing it 25 years now. Basically the same stuff you said . I’m good at trade and barter in the side . Like today I sold like 1940s radios lol fr .
It would be really be cool with like 5 more students . I’m not doing it like the old days with 50 students .
But ya , people from RT have been the best with lessons . It’s been a trip .

But ya it can be hard times at different economies but I do love it

Last edited:
I been doing it 25 years now. Basically the same stuff you said . I’m good at trade and barter in the side . Like today I sold like 1940s radios lol fr . I’d really be cool with like 5 more studio . I’m not doing it like the old days , people from RT have been with lessons . It’s been a trip . But ya it can be hard times at different economies but I do love it
One of the cool things about lessons is you end up learning more than you teach. Depending on the diversity of the students you learn stuff you would not usually look at. It was that way for me anyway. Now I work in the funeral industry.

One of the cool things about lessons is you end up learning more than you teach. Depending on the diversity of the students you learn stuff you would not usually look at. It was that way for me anyway. Now I work in the funeral industry.
You ate 100 percent correct. Dudes be asking me for polyphia solos and it keeps me on my toes . How you get into funeral industry?

Rick Beato has a neat video with short compositions in all the modes of the harmonic major/minor scale.

Some of them remind me of the film score for Milo & Otis, if anyone else has seen that movie.

That clip is fun and no one cares...or maybe they're writing their own and recording it is possible.

Back