Tone Vise Pitch Shifter - Move Over D-Tuna??

Junk yard dog....flutter is the warbling effect you get when you flick trem arm. Think Brad Gillis. A trem stopper(even the ones that allow for the trem to "float")will not allow you to flick or "flutter" the trem.

So you tune your E with the fine tuner, then crank the tone vise and use the fine tuner to tune to D, so when you go back, won’t the E be out of tune since you used the fine tuner to get the D? Am I missing something? That’s what the little set screw was for on the D-tuna, to set that slight variance.

Tone Vise":2wlm8719 said:
LP Freak":2wlm8719 said:
Tone Vise":2wlm8719 said:
Findthetone1":2wlm8719 said:
Welcome Mark! Will this work with a Floyd Rose Pro?

Sorry, it doesn't work on the Lo-Pro although there maybe one in the future.
But it does work on the original Floyd, correct? And what’s the price?

Yes, the is a Floyd Rose version and one for the Ibanez Edge. 39.99 shipped in the USA on reverb.

Does the Ibanez model also work for the Gotoh 1996 Floyd trem?

tlingen":uh9jmojg said:
Tone Vise":uh9jmojg said:
LP Freak":uh9jmojg said:
Tone Vise":uh9jmojg said:
Findthetone1":uh9jmojg said:
Welcome Mark! Will this work with a Floyd Rose Pro?

Sorry, it doesn't work on the Lo-Pro although there maybe one in the future.
But it does work on the original Floyd, correct? And what’s the price?

Yes, the is a Floyd Rose version and one for the Ibanez Edge. 39.99 shipped in the USA on reverb.

or FR special as well? looked on ebay and reverb and all I see are the version for the Ibanez Edge trems.

Pat6969":22w7loi8 said:
So you tune your E with the fine tuner, then crank the tone vise and use the fine tuner to tune to D, so when you go back, won’t the E be out of tune since you used the fine tuner to get the D? Am I missing something? That’s what the little set screw was for on the D-tuna, to set that slight variance.

You first tune to E using the headstock tuner, lock the nut then shift the Pitch Shifter to the D position and fine tune with the tremolo fine tuner for the slight variances and you're done.

It will if the Gotoh trem is recessed or elevated above the top about 3//32". I will be introducing a Gotoh specific version shortly.

Tone Vise":1qkpdcia said:
or FR special as well? looked on ebay and reverb and all I see are the version for the Ibanez Edge trems.

Use the Floyd Rose version on the Special.

I figured as much. I see the Ibanez version on ebay but nor FR version. Didn't see one until I checked reverb.

Really wish you had one on ebay, I'd like to try this on my recessed FR guitar, but I avoid reverb like the plague.

Just ordered 3 for my RG 565's. The D tuna fit on one but not the others? Very finnicky on Edge trems. Had to shim the neck pocket to clear the body.

These look very cool.

Chris

Tone Vise":1h2sj9k9 said:
Pat6969":1h2sj9k9 said:

You first tune to E using the headstock tuner, lock the nut then shift the Pitch Shifter to the D position and fine tune with the tremolo fine tuner for the slight variances and you're done.

What happens when the E string goes out of tune in the E position? If you tune it back to E with the fine tuner, will it still be in tune in the D position??

Would this fit a recessed Floyd like on the Kramer SM-1?

11330_SM1_Vintage_White_BH_with_Duncan_1201300555_1_800x800.jpg

Stramm8":aq7dk7fe said:
Tone Vise":aq7dk7fe said:
Pat6969":aq7dk7fe said:

What happens when the E string goes out of tune in the E position? If you tune it back to E with the fine tuner, will it still be in tune in the D position??

I'll find this out when I install mine in the next wee: good question.

Also, I'm wondering if another option to Drop-D/Tune is to use the Tone Vise locking nut for E &A :

xr7bft2imenp1wrgmh0t.webp

No, if you did this it wouldn't be in tune in D. The E is tuned with the headstock tuner. As JYD posted, you can use a set of my Keyless Nut Locks for quick access to the headstock tuners. This would be the best of both worlds as there would be no allen keys needed to tune to E or as with the DT, fine tune to E.

Back