Torpedo BlendIR Beta starting... NOW!

Actually, you can save an IR in the PI-101 user IR directory.

But being able to listen in WoS an IR WHILE you are tweaking it in BlendIR, not so easy... 2 processes reading the same file, hum, sounds like some serious work to achieve that.

I figured it might not be an easy thing to do. But, it'd be a cool feature to have.

Yeah, I just save it out now and load it into WOS, then go back and tweak what I think, then save it out again. It's kind of trial and error, but works.

Oh, and if we could save a "project" from BlendIR, so that it loads back up with prior settings would be a nice to have.

:)

Hi Guillaume,

I own the PI-101 WoS (latest build) and would really like to have a wider range of cabs to choose from (btw: any news/plans on more cabs?).
After reading your post here

You can download and upload .tur impulses on the Two Notes exchange website:
http://www.two-notes.com/torpedo-exchange/

I went to that exchange site and was quite amazed that it shows only 15 cabs to download... and this site seems to have been existing for quite some years now.
Is that correct or did I go somewhere wrong?

Many thanks and regards,
Rak

twonotesuser":3c0l2jgo said:
Hi Guillaume,

I own the PI-101 WoS (latest build) and would really like to have a wider range of cabs to choose from (btw: any news/plans on more cabs?).
After reading your post here

You can download and upload .tur impulses on the Two Notes exchange website:
http://www.two-notes.com/torpedo-exchange/

I went to that exchange site and was quite amazed that it shows only 15 cabs to download... and this site seems to have been existing for quite some years now.
Is that correct or did I go somewhere wrong?

Many thanks and regards,
Rak
I was going to ask if any new cabs were coming anytime soon.

Nope, you didn't do anything wrong. It seems there is not a lot of sharing IRs on the exchange. Maybe if it were an easier process to upload? I don't know but hopefully some more folks will put their own captures up. Pete Thorn said he was considering sharing some of the ones he captured.

I put some up, but would like to delete them to remove the clutter and add some new ones I feel are better.

Thanks for your reply!
As regards the number of available cabs within PI 101 WoS (and on the 'exchange'-site which btw also doesn't look to clean and intuitive navigationwise in general imo:)
I think the quality and huge amount of available high-quality 'profiles' (or in our case here cabs) is one of the most attractive arguments for purchasing equipment like the 'Kemper'...
I think it'd be most appreciated if Two Notes could improve in this area and made it a priority... imho
Guillaume, what do you think?

regards,
Rak

Hello Rak,

actually the measurement process is quite different from the Kemper: when you do a profile with the Kemper, moving the microphone a few centimeters on the cabinet or changing the microphone create everytime a new profile. It is quite easy to do 100's of profiles, this way.

With our process, there are A LOT of measurements involved for only 1 cabinet and 8 microphones (each cabinet has 8 microphones).

So basically, talking about the time it takes to do only 1 cabinet, you should compare really to A LOT of Kemper profiles.; )

About the .tur user files, we have to remember that most of our customers are pro (sound engineer, guitar/bass players, venues, backliners...) and they most of the time don't want to share, because that's their job.

This is changing now especially with the C.A.B., and we just released the Torpedo BlendIR to simplify the measurement process and IR mixing as well. So the Exchange website will hopefully disappear in the actual format to be more user friendly, what you see is a prototype (an lod one, I admit).

Increasing the community aspect of our products is one of our main objectives. For example the possibility to log in from the BlendIR to the Exchange website is something we will add in the future.

I was going to ask if any new cabs were coming anytime soon.

We have a few ones on the pipe. ;)

Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your post.
First: Unfortunately, I don't have any real cabs myself that I could take IRs of.
I'd gladly put my few Redwire IR's up on the excahnge site, if it's legal that is?!
I didn't want to come across as demanding: 'someone do all the work' and give it to me.

The problem is that I've got all available and purchasable TwoNotes cab offerings at the moment and I'm unfortunately not as happy compared to the results I get with my old hardware ADA Ampulators Amp-Cab units(you might know these).
I imagine that I actually just want to try more original cab IRs rather than mixed IRs.
Therefore I'm looking for more TwoNotes offerings on *.tur files (...that's why I bought the PI 101 Wos version 5 months ago as this was the only one that allows importing further *.tur files) to see if I can find an impulse to convince me that cabs can be done convincingly via IRs. Again, this is only my opinion and others will obviously feel completely differently and very happy indeed.
At the moment it seems that only the 'exchange' site has some additional IRs and that's why I was looking there as I can't purchase any more cabs from you at the moment.

I fully understand your comparison to the Kemper situation and about professionally working people and 'sharing'.
Thus, hopefully there will be more (purchasable) offerings from you (I was hoping that this would come with an PI III WoS upgrade) and I'm looking forward to BlendIR improving the 'exchange'-site situation.

I hope this explanation makes sense to you ;-)

Regards and thanks,
Rak

Everything you say makes sense and I thank you for sharing your opinion here.

I personally started with the Torpedo products because I didn't like analog solution like Ada, Groove Tubes, Palmer;.. ;) So I guess we won't agree on that but that is absolutely not a problem!

Now, let's see if we can find something for you.

First, I would recommend to download the Torpedo BlendIR because I think THIS is the solution for you.

Then:

I'd gladly put my few Redwire IR's up on the excahnge site, if it's legal that is?!

Please don't, I don't want to have any problem with Redwirez or any 3rd party IR suppliers. THis is a hard work and they deserve to be paid for that.

BUT: if you mix some IRs from say Redwirez, free from I don't know where, and change them using the BlendIR, well, there's nothing I can do to force you NOT to upload the new, personal and original IRs you built.

Hi Guillaume, I finally got some time to set down with BlendIR and it's simply fantastic! I've been blending my Redwirez with great results. The key to me is the Offset control, so you can adjust the comb filtering which is the essence of recorded multi-mic setups in my opinion. Being able to adjust the phase relationships while watching the FFT is simply incredible.

Now, if only we can get it to work on the audio stream LOL?

Merci, chapeaux hors fonction à vous et à votre équipe entière!

Hi Guillaume, I'm loving my Torpedo Live thanks! I checked out the BlendIR Beta today and it's really nice. There's a few things I want to ask about that I'm having issues with. First, when I click on "config folders" nothing happens. Second, when I saved my IR mix session using Redwirez IRs the "Save project to" saved it as a .tur file and not a .tbp file with no way to select the file format before saving. Meaning that it's not saving my IR mix sessions. When I click "open project" nothing is in the folder I made for BlendIR sessions. Please advise.
Peace,
Leroy Miller

BlendIR is in beta so everything doesn't work yet, though you can save *.tbp files with the "File/Save project" command which will open a save dialog so you can rename and relocate your file etc. The "File/Open project" command will see them and open the *.tgp files. "File/Save project to" has it's view filter defaulting wrong and doesn't seem to be working yet .

The above is is true under Vista SP2 and OSX 10.8.3 at minimum.

Leroy Miller":3m09ocqp said:
Hi Guillaume, I'm loving my Torpedo Live thanks! I checked out the BlendIR Beta today and it's really nice. There's a few things I want to ask about that I'm having issues with. First, when I click on "config folders" nothing happens. Second, when I saved my IR mix session using Redwirez IRs the "Save project to" saved it as a .tur file and not a .tbp file with no way to select the file format before saving. Meaning that it's not saving my IR mix sessions. When I click "open project" nothing is in the folder I made for BlendIR sessions. Please advise.
Peace,
Leroy Miller

djd100":2m81eudy said:
BlendIR is in beta so everything doesn't work yet, though you can save *.tbp files with the "File/Save project" command which will open a save dialog so you can rename and relocate your file etc. The "File/Open project" command will see them and open the *.tgp files. "File/Save project to" has it's view filter defaulting wrong and doesn't seem to be working yet .

The above is is true under Vista SP2 and OSX 10.8.3 at minimum.

Leroy Miller":2m81eudy said:
Peace,
Leroy Miller

I got it to save and open doing what you said but it still won't see the .tbp files I saved under "Save project to". Hopefully this will get fixed soon! :) I'm on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

That's because "File/Save project to" saved the file as a .tur due the broken view filter, though you might try finding it in Window's Explorer and changing it's extension to ".tbp"?

I have no idea whether the file is good etc, but it's worth a try as BlendIR Beta saved that .tbp as a .tur by mistake due to the bad view filter in "File/Save project to", though of course the file also might be bad too (only one way to find out)?

Good luck...

Leroy Miller":28213vbc said:
I got it to save and open doing what you said but it still won't see the .tbp files I saved under "Save project to". Hopefully this will get fixed soon! :) I'm on Windows 7 - 64 bit.

I have recently got a CAB (literally, on the weekend) and was instantly blown away by it. Kills my Axe FX (already for sale).

I have just played around with this BlendIR and I am speechless. You even included some recorded tracks to start with. Amazing work.

I've just blended a killer M H speaker mix using the Redwirez cabs and flipped the phase on 1 and have a killer tone. I haven't even scratched the surface.

Keep up the good work guys.

djd100":alznc9t0 said:
That's because "File/Save project to" saved the file as a .tur due the broken file filter, though you might try finding it in Window's Explorer and changing it's extension to ".tbp"?

I have no idea whether the file is good etc, but it's worth a try as BlendIR Beta saved that .tbp as a .tur by mistake due to the bad file filter in "File/Save project to", though of course the file also might be bad too (only one way to find out)?

Good luck...

Leroy Miller":alznc9t0 said:

I changed the extension to .tbp and it worked! I did notice that if you open up a project then load a new blank project template the project loaded previously will still be there but with no names in the IR slots. It says "no audio file loaded" when in reality there is the old projects IRs loaded. No biggie...

Great, suspected it might!

Leroy Miller":2k9drvdh said:
djd100":2k9drvdh said:
That's because "File/Save project to" saved the file as a .tur due the broken file filter, though you might try finding it in Window's Explorer and changing it's extension to ".tbp"?

I have no idea whether the file is good etc, but it's worth a try as BlendIR Beta saved that .tbp as a .tur by mistake due to the bad file filter in "File/Save project to", though of course the file also might be bad too (only one way to find out)?

Good luck...

Leroy Miller":2k9drvdh said:

I changed the extension to .tbp and it worked! I did notice that if you open up a project then load a new blank project template the project loaded previously will still be there but with no names in the IR slots. It says "no audio file loaded" when in reality there is the old projects IRs loaded. No biggie...

Back