Torpedo Captor X - dual mono & power supply

stepansoukup.cz

Hi, I had classic Captor loadbox. It was good that can work without adapter and I can route one signal for two different speaker cabinets in DAW.
But I thought this I can have in Captor X too, but without DAW.

I bought X and after an initial investigation I ran into the following problems:

1) Captor X can't work without adapter, have not option be power supplied by phantom power as a classic Captor? I thought that yes. Now I must carry one another thing (adapter) to live gigs :( but the sound is amazing..

2) If I route output as "Dual mono" or "Stereo", I thought the output 1 will be one mic and output 2 will be second mic, for example I send to output 1 Marshall 1960 with SM57, and to output 2 i send the same cabinet, or also other cabinet with Royer 121. But If I set mic A and mic B, to both outputs sounds both mics. It will be solution if I set output as stereo? Stereo by manual information is the same signal to both sides if I understood it right.

I hope you understand my questions.
Thank you for your opinions and help.

Last edited:
Hi, I had classic Captor loadbox. It was good that can work without adapter and I can route one signal for two different speaker cabinets in DAW.
But I thought this I can have in Captor X too, but without DAW.

I bought X and after an initial investigation I ran into the following problems:

1) Captor X can't work without adapter, have not option be power supplied by phantom power as a classic Captor? I thought that yes. Now I must carry one another thing (adapter) to live gigs :( but the sound is amazing..

2) If I route output as "Dual mono" or "Stereo", I thought the output 1 will be one mic and output 2 will be second mic, for example I send to output 1 Marshall 1960 with SM57, and to output 2 i send the same cabinet, or also other cabinet with Royer 121. But If I set mic A and mic B, to both outputs sounds both mics. It will be solution if I set output as stereo? Stereo by manual information is the same signal to both sides if I understood it right.

I hope you understand my questions.
Thank you for your opinions and help.
Hello Stepansoukup!

Yes, the CaptorX requires a power supply to be powered up and to be used effectively as a reactive load box.

As for dual mono configuration, you can hard-pan the individual mics left and right to get the desired effect you're seeking. They can also be set up as two separate tracks within your DAW via the 2 XLR outs to your audio interface.

Hope this helps - it's an exceptional product and there are a tonne of amazing features offered within the unit itself as well as the accompanying software Torpedo Remote.

Let us know how you make out with it! :thumbsup:
Mo

@stepansoukup.cz I will give my 2 cents on your questions. @Ventura , unfortunately, it is not possible to split each mic to each output. They are downmixed to go through all the effects. In dual mono, both outputs receive the same cabinet simulation signal, with the possibility to apply a different EQ on the right XLR output and have a different level of reverb between each output.

Back