Update 2024-02-29- Iconic Guitars layoffs and pausing

stratjacket

This popped up on YouTube this morning. Crazy story, sounds like Iconic took a chance on expansion and got screwed by BC Rich. But I don't know enough about any of this to have an informed opinion. But sounds fucked up.

This popped up on YouTube this morning. Crazy story, sounds like Iconic took a chance on expansion and got screwed by BC Rich. But I don't know enough about any of this to have an informed opinion. But sounds fucked up.

Moving out of that shithole of a state, California, would be a good place to start. Just moving out of that Gavin Newsome trainwreck gets you out from behind the 8-ball. I don't know how anybody can run a small/medium business where it's ridiculously expensive in operating costs to start with. And taxed to death. Gas $7 a gallon, fuck that.

Last edited:
I've never even heard of Iconic Guitars. Maybe they should quit working with other brands and just concentrate on building their own designs and on marketing them.
They make guitars for several companies, they keep it hush-hush.

Iconic makes fantastic guitars. Akin to Luxxtone. Their finishes are really something else.

This was “on paper” a good opportunity for Kevin and Iconic. He and his wife are good people. They had a good crew as well. This is a real bummer.

Kevin did all the USA Stranger Things guitars, the USA Gunslingers and ST-III’s.

Hopefully BC gets their shit together and at least makes Kevin whole on this but they’ll likely just stay radio silent.

Man that really sucks!

Seems to me Kevin should be made whole, if not maybe BC Rich will be up for sale (depending on the fine print of the contract). Ugh!

Would be cool if Kevin and Neal Moser could buy the current BC Rich dipshits out.

Last edited:
Iconic makes their own guitars also. I bought a B C Rich Gunslinger Legacy USA ST which is ironically up for sale right now and it was shipped in an Iconic box.

Somebody should buy it because it's clearly a collectors piece !! LOL!!

I keep hearing Neal Moser is the BCR custom shop now, so idk what that means for this poor guy.

I was looking forward to a resurrection of BC Rich, but it's been a joke. Same cheap Korean crap and USA models that are upwards of 4 to 5K

I keep hearing Neal Moser is the BCR custom shop now, so idk what that means for this poor guy.
The current ownership had a handful of shops contracted to make USA BCRs. Moser’s involvement was known a few years ago. Iconic isn’t the first one to get screwed over and I’m sure they won’t be the last.

The current ownership had a handful of shops contracted to make USA BCRs. Moser’s involvement was known a few years ago. Iconic isn’t the first one to get screwed over and I’m sure they won’t be the last.
Mosier's IG feed showed a couple of hand made models being built a few days ago

Yuk

Back