Upgrade Smallbox 50 with new caps: Living in Europe..

  • Thread starter Thread starter switch
  • Start date Start date
S

switch

New member
Hello,

I have a Smallbox 50 that I would like to upgrade with the Synergy caps. I am located in Greece, Europe.

1) Is there something like a Friedman service center in Europe?
2) Maybe I could buy the caps from Friedman (send them to me) and my amp tech install them or is it a more complex modification than just unsolder the old and solder the new ones?
 
Any good amp tech can do this work. You just need to make sure you have all the parts and pieces.
 
The Synergy's are the closest to vintage Mustard caps, so will be smoother and little more refined than the Mallory's. I have swapped all these caps thru my mutt and the Synergy's are just 'right'...
 
Thanks! But I don´t think I want my Smallbox more refined and smoother... In fact, I wouldn´t change anything, except If I could make it a bit more aggressive and open sounding!
 

Similar threads

Shreddy Mercury
Replies
3
Views
337
ChurchHill
ChurchHill
JordonBeal
Replies
6
Views
266
Philhouse
P
Music&Chaos
Replies
13
Views
2K
Music&Chaos
Music&Chaos
MadAsAHatter
Replies
61
Views
3K
MadAsAHatter
MadAsAHatter
Back
Top