USPS and patience - Warmoth fusion burl

GOHOINC

Sorry for the vent

So I recently made a specialized purchase. I was able to acquire 1 of the 12 fusion burl series sets that Warmoth recently released. On release day, I was checking out with one set when I got a notification someone beat me to it. Just so happens that the guy that beat me to it had already purchased one of the other sets and decided to only keep one. I was able to purchase this one from him. Seller delivered it to USPS last Tuesday. It was packed in the original boxes from Warmoth, so went out as two packages, one for the body, one for the matching neck. Both were originally set to deliver on Monday the 26th with sig required. The body showed up on Saturday. I asked my mailman if he had another package for me but he didn't. So I check the tracking again, neck and body must've been separated and neck is still scheduled for Monday. Then I noticed the last update shows it leaving Long Beach PO, but hadn't arrived anywhere else yet. Then Sunday morning it finally "arrived" to the LA regional distro and still scheduled to deliver Monday by 9PM, 4 days to get from Long Beach to LA? Spidey senses are tingling.

As I watch tracking and shows it still in LA throughout the day Monday I know its not coming. Finally at 9PM, Monday, the scheduled delivery date disappears and tracking is updated to say "your item is moving through the network on the way to its next stop", doesnt show it ever leaving the LA distro center, no scheduled delivery date and there have been no updates since Monday at 9PM. In my brain, they lost the neck. Its really only 2 days after the original planned delivery date so I'm trying not to worry about it too much but still have that anxious feeling that its never coming because all the info I have available to me tells me USPS has no idea where it is.

Seller seems like a good dude and I think we can work it out if the neck is lost... That said, I'm curious how long you guys would let it ride before pressing for action?

qSdaA3G.jpeg

Y experience is that while USPC can be slow things usually show even after quirky tracking. I use them exclusively for shipping my pickups and they have not last 1 package. Plenty of slow deliveries but they get there.

I have this happen to me all the time with packages being delivered by USPS. Usually it'll say "moving through network" until it is actually out for delivery. I'll get them within the week. So far nothing has been lost, just slow to arrive.

Y experience is that while USPC can be slow things usually show even after quirky tracking. I use them exclusively for shipping my pickups and they have not last 1 package. Plenty of slow deliveries but they get there.
I’ve had a similar experience as well. Their tracking is pretty bad to be totally honest. I’ve had items show up when their last tracking update was half the USA away, or items get marked as delivered and then show up 2 days later. Shit even one thing that I wrote off as lost arrived a month later.

I’d give it another week-ish before getting worried, probably just ended up on the wrong truck and took a little detour, etc.

That pic of the guitar body you posted looks amazing though

So USPS put a "red flag" on the tracking number and had me initiate a missing mail search. We will see how this goes but it's not looking good.

My patience ran out finally, had to take apart another build and slap a neck on this thing just to play it. Too much fun.

I do like the darker woods with this one. The matching neck was all birdseye and looked amazing but I think I'll go with an all rosewood neck or perhaps rosewood with an ebony board, should I have to get a new neck...

They had some that were not as busy or more monochromatic in colors. All were gorgeous, but there were a few sets in this series that looked downright amazing.

Unfortunately no updates from USPS and the missing mail search request that was created. Now it looks like we have to go down the insurance route.

I went ahead an ordered a highly flamed/roasted maple with ziricote fretboard, no inlays to use with the body. If the original neck shows up, ever, I'll have a neck for another build.... Lemons = Lemonade :)

Well, after three weeks, a missing mail search request and absolutely zero updates until yesterday, the neck made it safely...

The phat cat sounds really great in neck on this thing. The afwayu is angry as can be. It plays as well as any guitar I have. Thanks USPS!

Well, after three weeks, a missing mail search request and absolutely zero updates until yesterday, the neck made it safely...

The phat cat sounds really great in neck on this thing. The afwayu is angry as can be. It plays as well as any guitar I have. Thanks USPS!

awesome.

Back