VH4 ch3 vs VH2 ch2

Tacktel

Hello !

I would like to buy a VH2 (when I would be able to get one from Thomann...maybe in 2022 :sleep:).
At first I was interested by the VH4, but I don't need the MIDI and multiple loops features.

My question is : is the VH2 ch2 really the VH4 ch3 ? I found a lot of people online telling "I prefer my VH2 / I prefer my VH4 / I sold my VH2 to buy a VH4" so is it really the same thing ?

According my own experience, the VH2.ch2 is having the same DNA as VH4.ch3, but with wider gain and tone range. First I had VH4, then VH2, change was easy and right move for my style and needs.

Can you tell me more about your style and needs ? :geek:
Sure ? I play mainly all sorts of metal in E, D and B tunings with different guitars. VH2 base tone is always in the right range, just fine tuning with the tone-stack, deep and presence, OD in front sometimes. The two master volumes have slightly different midrange, which expands the tonal range via footswitch. For these, the CH2 is my choise.

Not all my playing is metal, crunchier moods are available via CH1 gained to max, really sweet tone.

Ch2 on the vh2 is a hybrid of ch3 and 4 of the vh4...it is not an exact clone. If your ok with that, then vh2 is the way to go but if you’re strictly looking for ch3 of the vh4 (and your budget allows) then nothing will satisfy that itch other than a vh4...happy hunting my friend!

Thanks for your explanations !

Can you explain that quote please ? Why would the two master volumes have different midrange ? :unsure:
Well, they just have slightly different audible midrange response. Circuits should be identical, but something in the loop makes really small difference. I don't know why. Of course some small difference on Master 1 and 2 volume levels may sound differently in different frequencies? Niche feature, not necessarily similar in all amps, definitely not a bad thing.

Back