VHT 2150 Test Run

Jeezus!!! I always thought Marshall hit it out of the park with the JMP-1. Leagues ahead of the ADA and other swarm of mosquitos preamps of the day. This power amp brings that pre to a whole new level.

Just grabbed this from Kevin here on RT. Quick trial run with a JMP-1. Pretty monstrous in the room here. Volume taper is fantastic.

Still need to spend time comparing the voicing options and whatnot, but dialed it in here as a starting point.

ahh so your the one that got to it before I got to 50. lol How does your Fryette compare to it? I'm considering one of those since I can't find a 2150.

6550 or KT88’s?
6550. Wonder how KT88 will compare

That’s a perfect combo . Excellent man . If you sell both together lmk lol fr . Love it
Haha you got it man

This poweramp brings any preamp to a whole new level😎
I mean…pretty much

ahh so your the one that got to it before I got to 50. lol How does your Fryette compare to it? I'm considering one of those since I can't find a 2150.

Ha sorry dude. The 2502 is fantastic and both have that signature Fryette grind to them. 2150 is just bigger and meaner- little more room filling with more highs and lows, maybe a little more “alive” feeling for whatever reason. 2502 rips though too man

6550. Wonder how KT88 will compare

Haha you got it man

I mean…pretty much

Ha sorry dude. The 2502 is fantastic and both have that signature Fryette grind to them. 2150 is just bigger and meaner- little more room filling with more highs and lows, maybe a little more “alive” feeling for whatever reason. 2502 rips though too man
Skip the 88s, call Fryette to make sure and then order KT90s. The power/thump of 88s/6550s with the mids of an EL34, and no harshness on top.
88s/6550s are cool, if you don't want to try the 90s then try and load up with GE 6550s. Lots of great options with the VHT stuff. I got the OK to use 90s in a D60; from Fryette. I'd imagine they'd be fine in that amp.

Skip the 88s, call Fryette to make sure and then order KT90s. The power/thump of 88s/6550s with the mids of an EL34, and no harshness on top.
88s/6550s are cool, if you don't want to try the 90s then try and load up with GE 6550s. Lots of great options with the VHT stuff. I got the OK to use 90s in a D60; from Fryette. I'd imagine they'd be fine in that amp.
Thanks Tom. All I see are the EH K90s- those the ones? Prob not gunna mess with it right now but may check em out in the future

Do you guys think theres an interest if Stevie made a run of 2150s?
I do think so. What, like a run of 20 or 25? Or we talking bigger? Feel like he didn’t have any trouble selling that run of classics?

I’d be personally be more interested in a Classic, there just seems to be so few around they’re really hard to get a hold of

Back