VHT 2150 Test Run

I love my PS2 but have never had the good fortune to play through a 2150. One day maybe...I very much miss my Pittbull Classic too. Fryette 4 life 😁

I thought making the 2150s again would be next to impossible due to the Uber expensive and rare transformers the 2150 had vs the 2902?

Just grabbed this from Kevin here on RT. Quick trial run with a JMP-1. Pretty monstrous in the room here. Volume taper is fantastic.

Still need to spend time comparing the voicing options and whatnot, but dialed it in here as a starting point.

Sounds Killer! I already miss it :yes:

I thought making the 2150s again would be next to impossible due to the Uber expensive and rare transformers the 2150 had vs the 2902?

He did do a re-issue run of the VHT Classic poweramp a year or two ago which is basically just a 2150 that runs EL34's as far as I know. They were expensive as fuck and sold out quickly though

I'd say without a doubt it passed the test run! The 2150 is king of the hill,really.
Sounds great! How did u record the audio?

If the price point was less than the 2100 as it typically was then sure, who wouldn't want one. I suggest a RT group buy if possible but we need to talk numbers obviously.

I was told that more work went into the mirrored 2100 faceplate. Personally I would want a mirrored 2150 if a reissue can be done through RT. It would make it far more interesting for us as a group to have something that was never produced.

Last edited:
Here ya go:
20220223_143612.jpg

Thx all!!!! You know,the funny thing is for 2 decades I toured up and down the east coast with 1 20 spc.& 3- 4x12 cabs..even just back in 03'-06' ish,I loaded that rig in my pickup truck all by myself..it all wheeled really nicely.Missing in there is the 2-90-2,h8000,and remote crybaby wah. Enroute this week is the mezzabarba preamp.Super excited to see how that one will integrate in here...anyways,I love the 2150 & 2100 classic,hopefully Steve will make some more of each!!

Back