VHX MIDI PC Change Issues

Veritas0Aequitas

Hi everyone

I am having issues with my GT-16 changing with PC changes on my Diezel VHX intermittently. Sometimes it switches channels on the VHX and sometimes it does not. I had a similar issue with my VH4 and Fractal Axe-FX III w/ FC-12 and I had to send like 4 MIDI PC changes at the same time to get it to change consistently. I recently switched to the GT-16 to use with the VHX, a FM3, and a Strymon Big Sky and was looking forward to using it. I am using a Monoprice 5-pin MIDI cable. Could this be the issue or could it be something else programming wise? I even made sure I unplugged the USB from the computer as that seemed like it was causing issues with the PC changes but it's still working very intermittently/rarely.

I am using Generic Manufacturer PC/CC Device. Sending redundant PC Changes. I tried the VHX on omni and different MIDI channels and it always seems to work intermittently. Please help as I am really at a loss and so frustrated. I want this to work. Does anyone else use a MIDI controller with their VHX? Especially an RJM or a GT model specifically?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone

I am having issues with my GT-16 changing with PC changes on my Diezel VHX intermittently. Sometimes it switches channels on the VHX and sometimes it does not. I had a similar issue with my VH4 and Fractal Axe-FX III w/ FC-12 and I had to send like 4 MIDI PC changes at the same time to get it to change consistently. I recently switched to the GT-16 to use with the VHX, a FM3, and a Strymon Big Sky and was looking forward to using it. I am using a Monoprice 5-pin MIDI cable. Could this be the issue or could it be something else programming wise? I even made sure I unplugged the USB from the computer as that seemed like it was causing issues with the PC changes but it's still working very intermittently/rarely.

I am using Generic Manufacturer PC/CC Device. Sending redundant PC Changes. I tried the VHX on omni and different MIDI channels and it always seems to work intermittently. Please help as I am really at a loss and so frustrated. I want this to work. Does anyone else use a MIDI controller with their VHX? Especially an RJM or a GT model specifically?

Thanks in advance!

Do you have issue even with PC only?

There was a bug some months ago when sending CC immediately after PC, but it has been fixed and everything should work.

What version are you using?

If you use MIDI USB (using a PC software) does it work normally?

Thank you,
Leo

Yes, I have the issue with PC only. I tested the MIDI controller with the VH4 and it works great. The VHX is having issues.

I have version 2.00. Downloaded the latest firmware from the site today and tested it as well.

I don't have MIDI USB software but I could try that.

Would version 3.0 fix this?

Yes, I have the issue with PC only. I tested the MIDI controller with the VH4 and it works great. The VHX is having issues.

I have version 2.00. Downloaded the latest firmware from the site today and tested it as well.

I don't have MIDI USB software but I could try that.

Would version 3.0 fix this?

Mhh that's odd, does it happen with all the Midi pedalboard you have (I'm sure other users have no issue with FM12 for example)?

I just sent you the latest beta firmware, if the issue is related to multiple midi message really close to each other than that will fix it.

Thank you!

I got my new VHX set up with an Roland FC-300. It was literally just plug and play for presets and very easy to set up PC/CC changes. Plus it has two quality expression pedals. Used/like new off Reverb for $300. This was also my first time using MIDI programming.

Back