VIDEO: HBE / BE / VH4 / Orange / Dual Rec

What I love is you didnt use a pedal in front.

There has been a disturbing trend happening in which people dont actually like the sound of amps anymore. They dont want to hear the Poweramp and they dont want to hear the thickness of tubes on their lowend and it makes everything sound synthetic.

To me..a D or overdrive pedal, for rhythm, completely destroys everything the amp maker had in mind when he designed the amp. I wish people would understand they can make more natural adjustments by using pickups with less emphasis on lowend or a pre-eq instead of something that has a transistor clipping the midrange and boosting it into sound of a wah pedal.

Slipperman had the best quote on it--" a 2D wall of burning plastic"

I think the VH4 had the greatest depth and lowmid harmonics but the Recto seem to fit the opening chords the best. I love comparisons with the same cabinet..it really displays the flavor of distortion the amp portrays(on the settings you used). I think the Marshall would probably rule on higher chords and the Orange just needs some pre-eq at around 250 to 450hz if its not happening with the tone controls.

Again, just beautiful pure amp sound

Great comparison!
Would anyone happen to know what the older rear loaded uberkab is like with the Friedman BE&HBE ?

Diezel heaven :rock: Great amp shoot out. Thats how its done peeps:thumbsup:

1.VH4
2.BE
3.HBE
4.Orange
5.Racto

I wonder what the Cantrell mod sounds like? I know Its a heavier BE. Dave told me that :yes:

Anyone have a clip of the Cantrell mod :)

fickle":1se46ejr said:
Great comparison!
Would anyone happen to know what the older rear loaded uberkab is like with the Friedman BE&HBE ?

I had an OG Uberkab but I really like the new Twin Jet front loaded ones better. They are so fat and heavy sounding.

Back