Voodoo Lab amp switcher and Bogner 3534 shitshow

boogieman1187

Had my first show with the amp and switcher, the channels switched fine but the boost function was a complete nightmare. Anyone using or have used this combo and could maybe shed some light here.

The boost function was set on switch 3, to engage the boost I would turn the switch on and it worked fine when I programmed it. Get to the show and it somehow reversed itself to the boost was on when the switch light was off. I reprogrammed it to follow suit and then it switched back. Complete nightmare. Any clue?

I have a 3534 and the Voodoo switcher. I don't know what your setup is like, but I tried to get switching to work with a Fractal Audio FM3 where I had scenes for:
  1. Green
  2. Blue w/o boost
  3. Red w/o boost
  4. Blue with boost
  5. Red with boost
The problem is the switch for the boost is a momentary toggle instead of a latching switch where you'd have distinct on/off states. So it would get out of sync depending on the order I changed scenes. If I went from scene #3 to #5 I was good. But then if I went from #5 to #4 it would turn the boost off because for scene #4 the FM3 was sending the CC to toggle the boost (which was already engaged). I gave up, I don't think there's any way to get it to work how I wanted it to. It probably would have worked if I only had scenes for Green/Blue/Red and then had a dedicated switch for toggling the boost.

I have a 3534 and the Voodoo switcher. I don't know what your setup is like, but I tried to get switching to work with a Fractal Audio FM3 where I had scenes for:
  1. Green
  2. Blue w/o boost
  3. Red w/o boost
  4. Blue with boost
  5. Red with boost
The problem is the switch for the boost is a momentary toggle instead of a latching switch where you'd have distinct on/off states. So it would get out of sync depending on the order I changed scenes. If I went from scene #3 to #5 I was good. But then if I went from #5 to #4 it would turn the boost off because for scene #4 the FM3 was sending the CC to toggle the boost (which was already engaged). I gave up, I don't think there's any way to get it to work how I wanted it to. It probably would have worked if I only had scenes for Green/Blue/Red and then had a dedicated switch for toggling the boost.

I’m just using an Rjm midi pedal, seems like an easy setup once it’s programmed but seeing as you had issues I may have to change to a different unit I guess. I’ll contact voodoo lab and see their thoughts, just strange that it worked and then flipped on me. thanks for your help

Usually you have to configure the “switch type” latching or non-latching. One of those should work.

. It probably would have worked if I only had scenes for Green/Blue/Red and then had a dedicated switch for toggling the boost.
This is basically how I set it up in my hx effects. The boost is its own thing and is just either on or off. I guess it has to do with it being momentary instead of latching.

Back