Vox AC15c1 - 16ohm

LesCanard

Recently I received my Captor X 8ohm and have really been loving it. I for the life of me cannot understand the concept of ohms etc. so wanted to confirm I can do the following without ruining something. I have 2 primary amps - a ‘65 Princeton Reverb Reissue which is 8 ohm and seems to work great so far. The other amp is the Vox AC15c1. This amp has a 16ohm speaker so I have been reluctant to hook it up. I notice on the back of the amp are 2 jacks:

1 - Extension SP - runs in parallel w/ internal 16 ohm speaker and must be connected to 16ohm cab
2 - External SP - mutes internal speaker - can hook to either 16ohm or 8ohm cab - has a toggle switch that can be 16 or 8 ohm.

My questions are:
1 - Although I wouldn’t mind using the attenuation feature on the Captor X - I assume I cannot connect the Vox speaker out (16ohm) to the Captor X Speaker in?
2 - Can I hook Captor X to the amp via the External SP jack if I flip toggle to 8ohm - in that case using the cabinet IRs etc. with the Vox.
3 - Would I need to disconnect the Vox Speaker from the speaker input of the amp if I do #2 above?

I have the Captor X xlrs out to my UA Apollo interface connected to monitors so have been listening to the Princeton through those. Appreciate the insight as ideally would love to use the Vox the same way I use the Princeton but don’t want to fry anything with the difference in ohms between the 2 amps. Pic attached from the Vox AC15 manual. Thank you!

Attachments

• 1B63A737-E850-406E-900D-52730CCCFDB1.jpeg
    1B63A737-E850-406E-900D-52730CCCFDB1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Back