Warmoth EJ-ish Strat build

SpiderWars

I have several Strats with Floyds/humbuckers but I like having a stratty Strat too. I really wanted an EJ Stories Strat but I'm a nit about 22-frets so I decided to build my own. And since I can't find Sassafras bodies I went way different and got a chambered body. Mahogany back and Maple top...but not too figured and not flamed/curly. Just kind of a natural figure. Vintage style 6-screw bridge. Neck will be roasted one-piece Maple with SRV profile and SS6105 frets. 9.5"-14" compound radius. I'll oil it myself.

I'm thinking of getting flatpole Lollar Blondes for it. This guitar isn't a copy obviously and I kind of hate the old staggered pole thing. I do intend to wire it like Virginia except I don't really care about the Dimarzio bridge pickup detail (I did try it a long time ago). Here is the body.

SpiderWars

Thanks guys. I even bought a set of Graphtech saddles...so I could use ONE for the high E string. :LOL:

So if anyone wants to do that to a vintage spec Fender bridge, hit me up an I can sell you a single. Pretty much at cost plus shipping.

SpiderWars

Wired. I had better get a pic now because I'm a pickup swapper. I started with super cheap ones in neck/bridge.

Last edited:

SpiderWars

Oiled. I used Dark Walnut tinted Danish Oil on the front of the headstock only to try and set it off a bit, no tint anywhere else. But you can barely tell due to the roast color. Still have to polish frets and soften the ends.

SpiderWars

Assembled. Lots of setup left. Just a hair under 7lbs 4 oz. Even tho it's chambered it's heavy Mahogany and Maple so it's not really that light. Has an interesting acoustic tone to it. Resonant and full but with an airy/crisp top.