We got our 1st motorcycles!

JerEvil

So, about a year ago my wife was like... "we should get motorcycles." I'd wanted one for ages, and seems since we moved out of Vegas-proper, now is the time!

1st bikes for both of us. I'd ridden for years as a kid on dirt bikes and stuff. She'd only ever been a passenger once.

We both opted for Indian Scouts. Basically enough HP to not grow out of them too quickly, fairly nimble and just solid 1st bikes.

This is me:

And this is hers:

Neither of us are very mechanically inclined but are looking to start modding where we can. I de-badged and decal'd my bike a few weeks ago. Last night I swapped out her stock OEM mufflers for some Trask slip on's.

Passed our MSF classes about 4 weeks ago. Started doing some longer highway rides and such. Probably some of the most fun we've had in a long, long time.

Always admired the classic look of Indian bikes. :inlove:

Congrats Brother Jez! :cheers:
yeah man I really love the look of these as well. I’m not a bagger guy. We both had ordered brand new bikes from Indian. I ordered a Scout Bobber and she ordered a standard Scout.

This was in April. By June 1st they still didn’t have a delivery date. Those were going to run us $34k. Said fuck it and looked at used. Her red on was $8500, it’s a 2016 and only had 1200 miles. Mine was $12k. It’s a 2018 and only had 560 miles on it. So we saved a shit ton of dough for basically “as new” bikes.

Just watched the exhaust vid. Looks good and sounds great!
Man it is fookin’ LOUD! Lol! I have a set of Vance and Hines slash cuts that’ll be here any time now for mine.

I’ve literally never done any kind of auto work, save change a car tire and a few headlight swaps. Looking forward to digging in on some of my own mod work. Ordering a tuner and some new air filters for us so that’ll be a fun little project as well.

Those are beautiful Indians, but I'm guessing they are gonna struggle in stadium whoop sections and full throttle sandy berms :LOL:
:poke:
Only one way to find out!!

Back