"Well, it's finally time.... Selling my beloved amp". Really?!

\
He's being dishonest about the time of his ownership. I never understand people protecting businesses and sellers that pull that are guilty of dishonesty. You should say what he paid I can send him some "I know what you did last summer" messages, lol. Maybe then he'll give up and you can buy your amp back for less than you sold it for, lol .

It's OK, I don't need it back. :ROFLMAO: That Nomad 100w wasn't a bad amp, but I picked up a Mesa Dual Rec Multi-Watt for dirt cheap not long after I traded for it so I decided to move it along.

That being said and in the interest of full disclosure, that Multi-Watt that I have is up for sale on marketplace right now too (along with the PRS CU22 I have listed in the classifieds here and a Reeves Custom 18).. But I ain't trying to pass any of those off like they are near and dear to my heart. LOL I'm just trying to recoup some funds from an amp I just bought from another member here. If any of those three things sell where I can take chunk out of what I paid for the incoming amp, the other two will likely come down... or maybe they won't. I don't know. I buy/sell and trade all the time. 😉

\
He's being dishonest about the time of his ownership. I never understand people protecting businesses and sellers that pull that are guilty of dishonesty. You should say what he paid I can send him some "I know what you did last summer" messages, lol. Maybe then he'll give up and you can buy your amp back for less than you sold it for, lol .
My Wife and her sister re-gift each other, every Christmas, a hideous Rooster alarm clock. Are you trying to make this Nomad the hideous Rooster alarm clock of amps? 😂

Some people just like to oversell, like they're worried it'll make the buyer suspicious if they don't have a convincing back story.

Personally I'd rather buy someone who just openly admits that he bought it a few weeks ago, hates it, and wants something else.

ALOT of people on Reverb and TGP have asked "why are you selling it?" I guess people are afraid you're trying to unload a lemon.
I get that but do they really think if it’s a lemon listed in good condition the seller will fess up when asked? 😆

It's not just amps. It's everything. Cars, guns, bikes, etc.

I think it is just human nature. That the seller thinks the buyer may not want said item, or pay the asking price, if there is something wrong with it.

Whenever i've sold a high end amp.. I've never said why i'm selling it... but i've been asked every single time.

Guys are often buying their dream amp so they can't understand why I'm selling it.

They assume there must be something broken or wrong with it
ALOT of people on Reverb and TGP have asked "why are you selling it?" I guess people are afraid you're trying to unload a lemon.
Yep I get this most of time, it's a weird question when you think about it.

It’s not just that he’s lying it’s the whole used car salesman vibe his ad puts off. Anytime I see an ad like this I am put off. Even if it was something I was looking for I would steer clear just because of how it makes me assume this person operates.

It’s not just that he’s lying it’s the whole used car salesman vibe his ad puts off. Anytime I see an ad like this I am put off. Even if it was something I was looking for I would steer clear just because of how it makes me assume this person operates.
Amen. I hate sketchy people you know are blowing hot air. As if his hopes and dreams are dashed, and he's sunk to the abyss of uncertainty. Gofundme page to follow..

I’m not desperate to sell so my price is FIRM but trade interest includes any open slots left on the Cameron wait list.

Last edited:
Amen. I hate sketchy people you know are blowing hot air. As if his hopes and dreams are dashed, and he's sunk to the abyss of uncertainty. Gofundme page to follow..
Yeah and for me as soon as someone starts in with the obvious “salesmanship” I get suspicious and just have a negative reaction.

Every guitar for sale is “the best playing/sounding/blah-blah-blah HANDS DOWN I’ve ever had”…and seems the same with amps.

Okay then.

Nothing beats the classic “it’s an amazing amp, and i WILL own another, but unexpected bills came up so I can not do trades.. unless you have this, that or this other amp..” guess the bills don’t have to be paid that bad then lol

I was gonna mention this but you beat me to it…cracks me up every time.

A great slight variation is when someone glows about a guitar, hates to sell, needs money, ect…but is willing to trade for basically the same guitar type.

Best Les Paul I’ve ever played and kills me to have to move it…might be willing to trade for the right Les Paul…can add cash if needed.

I always feel like every time I put cash only I get more trade offers than if I put I will only trade for X lol

Back