Welp, looks like a hurricane is headed our way!

Man ft Myers beach getting rocked right now. The weather channels live feed over the last few hours has been ridiculous.

My dad is just West of the Ft Myers airport. He did not lose power but has not had TV or internet since yesterday morning. Said it was a scary ride for sure! I let him know that the beach area was underwater and that Sanibel is cut off. He has no information about what it going on around them in his community because no one has access to the media.

glad your pops is ok. it was all over him.
that kind of wind and rain and swell will get you attention right away

Yea.
Been checking in today to see how he and others have managed.

Headed my way now…going to dump a ton of rain. Blowing all the water out of the sound

This storm was really bad and isn't even done. Hopefully the winds blowing offshore in Tampa saved @napalmdeath from too much flooding.
He may not have power since he hasn't responded. We just finished with it on the opposite side of the state. It ended up coming straight for us just like I didn't want in my OP of this thread. They never get it right.

He may not have power since he hasn't responded. We just finished with it on the opposite side of the state. It ended up coming straight for us just like I didn't want in my OP of this thread. They never get it right.
All good, lots of wind damage, nothing devastating. We dodged a bullet when it shifted south, but my work's home office is in Ft Myers. They got clobbered and will be without electric for days. But, I'll be off tomorrow, so I got 4 days off this week!

The red pin is my place. Bottom left Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach. Both were destroyed. I’m 11 miles away, just the grace of the Almighty is all I can think of that saved my place. So much devastation. 70% of Lee county has no electricity, water, sewer.
3D075191-F225-46AE-8C3B-8DE52506A059.jpeg

Back