What’s an amp that gets hate but you like or have a use for

I guess I should have clarified, people do love it for cleans...one of the best clean amps ever. But it really can do some good OD sounds with pedals....people write it off as a one trick clean pony when it can do a lot more.
Ok that makes sense, thank you. I was worried because I really want this amp and I didn’t want to hear that they suck 😆

probably already been said ironically, but line 6 spider 1x12 combo. its shit for most applications, but for a long while I ran a peavey rock master preamp into the front of the spider II on one of the slightly pushed clean channels and with a eminence swamp thang and got some pretty juicy metal tones. It didn't push air but for "conversation" volume practice it hit the spot. recorded decent as well.

Krank - I get why amp tech’s groan a bit at some of the PCB layout choices, but I think most issues people have are from either using a shit cab or not dialling them in right. I think the Revolution Series 1 and Krankenstein are excellent sounding amps and a cool and valid take on a modded Marshall. By all accounts Tony Krank was a bit of a divisive character and their business probably existed in a bad transitional moment for a company like theirs (who might have actually stood a better chance at surviving in the current social media climate).

Jet City get kind of sneered at a bit too, can understand why (because it’s always going to get compared to a legit Soldano), but I’d pick it tonally over a lot of my other nicer built amps. Or even over a lot of the trendier stuff you see these days like (say) Victory or Dover or whatever that cost a lot more.

Fender Supersonic 22.

Two great cleans (DR and Tweed) and usable gain/lead channel. Best description I heard is you buy it for the cleans and use pedals for dirt, but if you’re pedalboard breaks during a gig the lead channel is more than good enough to get you through.

Krank - I get why amp tech’s groan a bit at some of the PCB layout choices, but I think most issues people have are from either using a shit cab or not dialling them in right. I think the Revolution Series 1 and Krankenstein are excellent sounding amps and a cool and valid take on a modded Marshall. By all accounts Tony Krank was a bit of a divisive character and their business probably existed in a bad transitional moment for a company like theirs (who might have actually stood a better chance at surviving in the current social media climate).

Jet City get kind of sneered at a bit too, can understand why (because it’s always going to get compared to a legit Soldano), but I’d pick it tonally over a lot of my other nicer built amps. Or even over a lot of the trendier stuff you see these days like (say) Victory or Dover or whatever that cost a lot more.
Ya some great tones come from krsnk . As I lay Dying and Black Dhakia Murder

Fender Supersonic 22.

Two great cleans (DR and Tweed) and usable gain/lead channel. Best description I heard is you buy it for the cleans and use pedals for dirt, but if you’re pedalboard breaks during a gig the lead channel is more than good enough to get you through.
Man buck from BOC had this amp last show I was at and he had a very Eric Johnson lead tone . It was beautiful fr

Back