What 5 Production Amps would you buy if you won the lottery?

True "production" amps. A-List would be -

Mint '79 Marshall JMP 2204. Second amp I ever owned.
MGL HG 50
Wizard MTL-MKII
Fryette Ultra Lead (Version II)
Ground Zero Hellion

Mods, non production and production amps B-List...

Hermanson!!! Frankly this amp is the one that has me gassing the most these days.
Monomyth Skeleton Key
Friedman Steve Stevens
Dover DA-50
HI Watt Super Hi 50

Do you mean current production?

If not, I'd choose:

A vintage Marshall JMP

H&K Triamp 3

Cornford Hellcat

I'd also re-buy a VHT/Fryette D60 and Fender Prosonic

These threads are always fun!

Diezel VH-4
Bogner XTC 20th EL-34
EVH 100W Stealth
Friedman BE-100 DLX
Mesa JP-2C

Current production

Wizard MTL-MKII
Diezel VH4
Mesa JP2C
Friedman BE100 Deluxe
Bogner XTC 20th EL34

forget what you already have and love, if price was no matter what are the five amps you would buy? also - please list 5, even if you only want 1 or 2 - think of it as you HAVE to buy 5 - curious as to what the "short list" amps are for members here

first guy to answer "dumble" loses their rig talk privileges

in no order:

Matamp GT120

Friedman Deluxe BE100

Fender BF Bassman

Marshall JCM 800 (vintage)

tie- either freyette deliverance or a diezel vh4
Production amps? I took that to mean currently in production.

If I had that much money, right now just to order one amp, I honestly think I would contact James Peters and see if he would just make me a 2 channel amp. I've talked to him forever and he would know what I want more than anyone most likely. I wouldn't even care how long it took. I actually hope to do this someday.

My bassist in my doom band has a Green (Matamp) GT150 and an Orange AD200. The Matamp is a much better build than the Orange.

Perhaps this was an American one? They had problems with them, and have since cut ties.
Not sure, it was purchased from a Spanish shop, but no idea where it was made. But yeah, if Usa ones had problems than it might have been one of those

If I had that much money, right now just to order one amp, I honestly think I would contact James Peters and see if he would just make me a 2 channel amp. I've talked to him forever and he would know what I want more than anyone most likely. I wouldn't even care how long it took. I actually hope to do this someday.
There was a time period peters was well respected around here and it seemed everyone had one on order. I mean no respect at all to Rhodes, but I much prefer the sound and tone of Peters’ amps. It’s sad you don’t see more of them around. I’d gladly try one out on the used market but I have no intention to order a new one.

Back