What Amps do you Regret Selling?

VHT Deliverance 60

Fender Prosonic

Two of my favorite amps ever and I'm retarded for ever getting rid of them
Man..people who like those Deliverence heads seem to REALLY like them. I've played the Pittbull, but never a Deliverence. Have to check one out at some point.

Man..people who like those Deliverence heads seem to REALLY like them. I've played the Pittbull, but never a Deliverence. Have to check one out at some point.

I owned the D60 and a Pittbull Classic at the same time (the amp that became the Pittbull CLX) and I'd personally take the D60 over the Pittbull every time

The Pittbull has a colder more clinical sound; I prefer the warmth of the D60

Reactions: DTP
My Vox Valvetronix AD120VTH + 2 x AD212 cabs....

looked like the Super Beatle stack; didn't sound great, but I had plans to use the headshell to house a tube amp, but it would take more time, money and custom work so I sold it. Still one of my favorite "looking" amps of all time:

here's an example of with one AD212 cab:

Voxamp.png

I sold my 5150 sig a few weeks before Eddie died for like 600. Thought I will just buy another one as soon as I get settled.

I have a US made 6505 now and yeah I prefer the cosmetics but they sound the same.

I kinda regret selling my Molecular. That was a fun amp. I keep thinking of grabbing another one but I'm hoping the Atla scratches my marshall itch. I also regret selling my Ares. Such a straight forward killer amp but I have an Orion on order so I'm pretty sure I will be good on that.

I have an Orion on order so I'm pretty sure I will be good on that.

Just saw that amp this morning and I'm itching to pull the trigger myself.
Currently using a KSR Vesta for tones. Do you know if there's a power cutting feature?
It's rated 45 but wonder if there's a 20-22-24, etc. watt setting also.

Geez - where to start/.
3 MkIIC+ combos, Mk IV short head, Cameron modded head, Suhr modded head, Langner preamp, Marshall 20th anniversary half stack, Lee Jackson modded head, and 2 M-1000 metaltronix heads that were consecutive serial numbers..
Wow, thats some kit to have let go of! (I'm sure you had a good reason)

Last edited:
I don't know where to begin.. the dreaded C word invaded my life a few years back. I had to sell just about everything I owned to keep up with medical bills... everything listed here is gone. currently had a modded JCA 50 watt and a Gower on order. just now picking up the pieces from that ordeal. One thing I did learn going through all this shit, you can't take any of it with you. I am happy to be alive and have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful forum..

I know someone is going to rail me for getting rid of the holy grail of ALL amps... the BLADES! in all actuality, that was a pretty fucking bad ass amp... despite all of his ramblings, he was a pretty cool dude if you ever spoke to him.

IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    755.5 KB · Views: 25
Same here - I purchased a Bogner 100b on approval from Make'n Music back in '93 I think after seeing it in the 100 watt amp review in Guitar Player magazine. I was comparing it to my VHT Ultralead that I had just purchased then and ended up returning it because they kind of overlapped in terms of tone. Looking back, I think the 100b would be the one I should have kept given my tonal preferences today.

Same here - I purchased a Bogner 100b on approval from Make'n Music back in '93 I think after seeing it in the 100 watt amp review in Guitar Player magazine. I was comparing it to my VHT Ultralead that I had just purchased then and ended up returning it because they kind of overlapped in terms of tone. Looking back, I think the 100b would be the one I should have kept given my tonal preferences today.
Forgot to mention the Marshall JMP-1 preamp as well - that had some great tones as well!

Just saw that amp this morning and I'm itching to pull the trigger myself.
Currently using a KSR Vesta for tones. Do you know if there's a power cutting feature?
It's rated 45 but wonder if there's a 20-22-24, etc. watt setting also.
No but Kyle's master volume is top notch. There hasn't been a need in my experience for that with KSR amps. I put my deposit down a week after it was announced. Don't know where I am in the list. I'm planning on paying the balance next week. So hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Only one I miss selling was an FJA modded Single Rec.

Gat damn that thing was badass. Tried to buy it back a few years ago and dude was emphatic with the NO.

Attachments

• 9DFF05CD-0441-4610-A5ED-350D11D5FE58.jpeg
    9DFF05CD-0441-4610-A5ED-350D11D5FE58.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
Only one I miss selling was an FJA modded Single Rec.

Gat damn that thing was badass. Tried to buy it back a few years ago and dude was emphatic with the NO.
Jerry lives in my town now. I sold him a Fryette Power Station a few years ago. He is doing mods again but I think he is more selective on what he does.

Really nice guy. I was going to take my Peavey VTM120 to him but ended up taking it to my normal tech who has had it since September....

I'm a lucky man because I've never let an amp go that I really loved. I can regret selling my original valvestate head simply because they bring much more money now, but that is really the only reason. Not that they are bad at all, but I've never missed it either.

I regretted selling my 2c+ and mark IV until I got the 3++ green stripe . Found the mark spot I needed
I really wish we could do an amp fest and run the 3++ green stripe which is pentode already against my 3++ coliseum blue stripe that’s pentode converted (full power and half power mode) and hear what the true tonal differences are between the stripes

Back