What are some midi pedal and loop switchers you guys like?

Matt300ZXT

I'm a bit OCD and like having similar branded items running whenever I can. The only footswitch/loop switcher combo I really know of is the Voodoo Labs Ground Control and GCX. What are some other good and semi affordable setups?

I obviously have no idea how to set one up but I like the idea of being able to click a setting on the pedal and it turn on reverb, then another patch that turns on a delay as well as the reverb, then another patch that'll throw some phaser on top, etc. I need to get some use out of this rack with a couple processors in it already.

I use a RJM mastermind PBC. Super versatile Cuz I can use it with amplifiers or with a modeler. It will also send midi signals out.

you can set up presets however you want so I have banks for analog amps & banks for digital. Old photo attached:

Attachments

• 6DC11B25-AE97-42C8-A674-A803580B6128.jpeg
    6DC11B25-AE97-42C8-A674-A803580B6128.jpeg
    625.7 KB · Views: 46
Just picked up an ES-8, it's incredible... The ability to move loops in any position, the interface, the layout, and its multi-out controls are just next level. HQ build - it's the new centrepiece for my currently-being-built pedalboard.

Killer tech, and a decent price.

Last edited:
Just picked up an ES-8, it's incredible... The ability to move loops in any position, there interface, the layout, and its multi-out controls are just next level. HQ build - it's the new centrepiece for my currently-being-built pedalboard.

Agreed. Boss es-8 here also. Great option if you like true pedals.

Agreed. Boss es-8 here also. Great option if you like true pedals.
I scoped out the RJM, Disaster Area, EHX, VoodooLab (my former set up was GCP/GCX), some other more seemingly obscure options (OC-10)...

After deep-diving into the rabbit-hole, I came out feeling very confident in my decision. Before hitting the BUY button I ran the idea past a dear friend who is an old hand at these things and plays out regularly and is a gear goon (said with love) and he was quick to point to the ES-8 at his feet. That was the clincher for me - real time owner feedback.

Got it - it's sublime - the desktop UI is awesome - just awaiting the pedalboard and will start soldering up some Mogami and SPs

The moveable loops and switchable buffer AND parallel series loop options is fkn nuts. NOTHING at any price does this as well as BOSS has with the ES-8, it's just incredibly cool

I know you already bought a solution, but for any others interested.
For a midi I use the Morningstar MC8. It is the easiest thing to program, comes with Fractal integration and tons of other pedals/effects already programmed in and $319 new.

https://www.morningstar.io/mc8-midi-controller

You would need separate a midi controlled looper, they have a 5port looper at a good price as well. But any would work.
https://www.morningstar.io/ml5

The ES-8 looks amazing too. Lots of good options there days.

I’ve been researching switchers too. The RJM PCB6 (especially now that you can split loops and get 8) is top of my list but the Musicom Lab stuff looks pretty amazing , especially the 5, 6 or 7.

I’ve been researching switchers too. The RJM PCB6 (especially now that you can split loops and get 8) is top of my list but the Musicom Lab stuff looks pretty amazing , especially the 5, 6 or 7.
actually you get 9 loops (3 mono + 3 stereo which are splittable so 3+3) + 1 volume loop with the RJM PBC6X

Just picked up an ES-8, it's incredible... The ability to move loops in any position, the interface, the layout, and its multi-out controls are just next level. HQ build - it's the new centrepiece for my currently-being-built pedalboard.

love my ES-8 .............. thing is incredible ...!!!

I scoped out the RJM, Disaster Area, EHX, VoodooLab (my former set up was GCP/GCX), some other more seemingly obscure options (OC-10)...

After deep-diving into the rabbit-hole, I came out feeling very confident in my decision. Before hitting the BUY button I ran the idea past a dear friend who is an old hand at these things and plays out regularly and is a gear goon (said with love) and he was quick to point to the ES-8 at his feet. That was the clincher for me - real time owner feedback.

Got it - it's sublime - the desktop UI is awesome - just awaiting the pedalboard and will start soldering up some Mogami and SPs

The moveable loops and switchable buffer AND parallel series loop options is fkn nuts. NOTHING at any price does this as well as BOSS has with the ES-8, it's just incredibly cool
the ability to have buffers before and after your signal if you want is also a killer feature .....

actually you get 9 loops (3 mono + 3 stereo which are splittable so 3+3) + 1 volume loop with the RJM PBC6X
From the RJM forum written by the good folks at RJM:

“As of the 4.3 firmware, the Mastermind PBC/6X has a new "Split Mono" feature. This allows you to split any of the stereo loops into two individually controllable mono loops. When splitting all of the stereo loops including the insert loop, this gives you 11 independent mono loops that can arranged in any order!”

Do we’re both wrong lol

I know you already bought a solution, but for any others interested.
For a midi I use the Morningstar MC8. It is the easiest thing to program, comes with Fractal integration and tons of other pedals/effects already programmed in and $319 new.

https://www.morningstar.io/mc8-midi-controller

You would need separate a midi controlled looper, they have a 5port looper at a good price as well. But any would work.
https://www.morningstar.io/ml5

The ES-8 looks amazing too. Lots of good options there days.
been thinking about one of these. Would be cool to integrate all the devices on my board that have some midi capabilities and switch multiples at a time.

From the RJM forum written by the good folks at RJM:

“As of the 4.3 firmware, the Mastermind PBC/6X has a new "Split Mono" feature. This allows you to split any of the stereo loops into two individually controllable mono loops. When splitting all of the stereo loops including the insert loop, this gives you 11 independent mono loops that can arranged in any order!”

Do we’re both wrong lol

probably they wrote 11 instead of 10....I said actually 9 + 1!

I use a Rocktron MIDI Raider with RJM Effects Gizmo, and mount my pedals in the rack with the Effects Gizmo. My amp is also MIDI, so I just hit a single button on the MIDI Raider and it changes the preset on my amp and effects unit, and switches in any pedals that are part of the preset. It's what I've been using for 5-6 years, no issues.

For me it's the custom audio electronics pedalboard system. I swear,just running thru this thing with no effects/ loops on,it improves your base tone.I love it,it's made by the best guy in the business,and as a bonus, Bob will personally make it just for you exactly how you need it to be,so no extra stuff you'll never use on it,unless u want extras.
20180103_113305.jpg
Im partial to bobs stuff tho,as I have a bunch of stuff made for me by him.The boss, and stuff like that is more affordable to lots of people tho.lots of good choices out there.

For me it's the custom audio electronics pedalboard system. I swear,just running thru this thing with no effects/ loops on,it improves your base tone.I love it,it's made by the best guy in the business,and as a bonus, Bob will personally make it just for you exactly how you need it to be,so no extra stuff you'll never use on it,unless u want extras.View attachment 158371Im partial to bobs stuff tho,as I have a bunch of stuff made for me by him.The boss, and stuff like that is more affordable to lots of people tho.lots of good choices out there.
That’s awesome !

Ventura, tprui, that boss wasn’t out when I purchased my unit but that is super cool. I’ll check out the MorningStar later as well but yes great options.

For pedalboards, the Boss ES series works perfectly for me. The GigRig stuff is also great.

For racks, it’s hard to go wrong with an RJM Effect Gizmo.

Back