What are your predictions for the next decade?

BigGuitars":191e4ust said:
Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

This next one will be controversial, but what the hell...

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

No white majority = no western nation, and absolute hell for white folks.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.

White people problems.

BigGuitars":1czs4297 said:
Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

Well I have news for you. It will not stop. I'm a software engineer myself, and work on AI projects, mainly Convolution Neural Networks all day long. Just taking a break right now to check the forums :)

Thing is, if you're in the workforce you'd better jump on board the technological train because it will leave you in the dust. There's no excuse really as everything you could ever wan't to know is available free of charge, just a google search away.

Not trying to be a jerk, just being real. Progress will not stop just because people long for the good ol' days.

njshred":c9kv74jg said:
BigGuitars":c9kv74jg said:
Well, here I go...

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.

It amazes me when Americans are put off by immigration. Your family is legal because your ancestors said so, the American Indians didn’t invite us you realize.

Being put off by immigration is one thing, but to believe you're the victim of genocide? That is next level delusional :LOL: :LOL:

If I may put my technical, propellerhead cap on for a moment:

Fuck computers 'n shit. All this shit has impinged on our lives enough already IMHO.

Question
Will it ever be too late to turn back the clock / ditch this shit, or have we already moved beyond this possibility?

Answer I hope for
No; we'll always be able to ditch the shit.

Answer I fear
Yes, it's too late already; we're all fucked.

:LOL: :LOL: :dunno:

i will be 61 at the start of the next decade.... but I'm sure I'll still be be throwing down some riffage.

As far as gear goes. I'm not sure where technology will take us. To be honest, I have bought very little guitar gear over the last 15 years compared to the 15 years before that.

Sadly, I think forums will be a thing of the past.

This topic reminds me of something that a few buddies and myself were talking about last week. Who was the last true guitar hero to come along? In my eyes, it was John Petrucci. That's been 20 years ago! I think popularity of playing musical instruments have died down a lot in general unfortunately.

Ed

I think we may be in the beginnings of another guitar resurgence. Took the lady friend to see Panic! at the Disco last year and there was an opener who played sadboi pop ala The Weeknd, but with a bunch of blues guitar playing along with it. Everybody LOVED it. I've also been hearing a lot more guitar, and even solos in pop recently. Obviously it won't be the '80s all over again, and I think it'll still be on the whole smaller than before, but I think there's an increased interest in guitar compared to the past ten years.

For the new decade...yeah, nothing really different for me. I've never gotten bored with the music I grew up with...I'll be playing all that old Metallica, Dokken, KISS, whatever till I can't play no more. I don't even really think about how these guys sound today, I more enjoy continuing to find old audio and video footage from back in the day. Just when I think I've found it all, something else pops up. It's awesome.

Do people worry about the "future" of guitar? Man, I think it's what you make of it...not sure why kids need to be listening to or playing my style of music. I'm not offended if they do, but I'm not on the watch to see if they are either, you know? I'm pretty sure kids are out there making tons of music and having great experiences with it, even if I can't relate to how and what they do. If the guitar did die off in the mainstream (which I don't think is remotely happening), well...it was a fun ride.

So tube amps...I really want to be a purist, but no, I'm already out. My ears can't take it, my back can't take lifting cabs, I don't play out enough anymore. I still love 'em, I play through a buddy's real amps a few times a year and that thump is just so awesome, but on a daily basis I'm happy with the fake sound. Man, and I thought my Rockman was so cool back in the late 80's...can't believe where we are today.

I can't think of much from a gear innovation standpoint, I don't really have a "want list" or a clever idea that hasn't been tried yet. I can't think of anything from the last 10 years that really transformed my gear perspectives other than, again, the modeling continuing to get better.

I wish the forums would come back to life! 10-15 years ago man I had such a blast talking with so many people...they really felt like communities back then. But no, I agree with others...these are giving way to social media platforms, and I really don't like those. Might have to give in at some point!

Happy new "roaring 20's" to the group...hope everyone's gear journey is a blast and life gives us more ups than downs!!

Monkey Man":2q5ikmgl said:

Fuck computers 'n shit. All this shit has impinged on our lives enough already IMHO.

Question
Will it ever be too late to turn back the clock / ditch this shit, or have we already moved beyond this possibility?

Answer I hope for

Answer I fear

I hear your complaint. But I can't help but notice you're using, and likely enjoying the things you scorn. There's always an off button, a whole lot of outside, and outdoor activities to enjoy.

And no there has never been the ability to turn back the clock, you can slow it down. But you're only delaying the enviable, progress will always win.

BigGuitars":3glsydln said:
Well, here I go...

csb

I guess for me, I don't give a shit if 'rock is dead' for the new generation. I like what I like and play what I play. There are enough young bucks in my generation (turn 30 in March) that will be just like me until we are dead. I don't see bars and gigs disappearing on the small scale (where I belong by choice). I don't care if tube amps are less common. I like what I like. And I just had 18 power tubes come in, that coupled with what I have will last a damn long time. I probably have 120-150 preamp tubes around that are either new, NOS, or have seen a little use. Personally I hope the next gem modeling takes off. Why? More tube amps for me and cheaper. Music will always evolve, and we never know the next thing is that is next. The guitar will not die. And most importantly I will not lose interest.

Also I want to spend more time playing horn than I have prior and get into a community orchestra as it inspires all of my interests in music. I also drum a lot and will play more piano. Music is life to me, just like food, water, and sex.

CNutz":2mqciawr said:
Monkey Man":2mqciawr said:

Question

Answer I hope for

Answer I fear

I hear your complaint. But I can't help but notice you're using, and likely enjoying the things you scorn. There's always an off button, a whole lot of outside, and outdoor activities to enjoy.

And no there has never been the ability to turn back the clock, you can slow it down. But you're only delaying the enviable, progress will always win.
Agreed 100%, mate.

I was simply expressing my belief that it's already impinged enough at this point, and in the cases of many of those who use mobile devices (smartphones in particular), probably way too much. Thankfully I'm unable to use BT, Wi-Fi and 'phone (microwave) transmitters, so in a way I've been "protected" from the possibility of all-encompassing intrusion.

Monkey Man":1o0dcj0c said:
Agreed 100%, mate.

I was simply expressing my belief that it's already impinged enough at this point, and in the cases of many of those who use mobile devices (smartphones in particular), probably way too much. Thankfully I'm unable to use BT, Wi-Fi and 'phone (microwave) transmitters, so in a way I've been "protected" from the possibility of all-encompassing intrusion.

Right on. Do you remember the things your parents, and even older generations would say? Things such as the world is going to shit, this new generation is destroying everything, this music (rock-n-roll, perhaps metal, etc.) they listen to is causing them brain damage? Stuff like that.

This is how it's always been, it's not new. Consecutive generations cannot stand one another, that includes the tech, and toys.

I think by the time we get into our 40's we start feeling this way. I know I did, I've just been aware of it, and try not to slip into that way of thinking.

Totally, man.

My original "rant" was tongue-in-cheek and meant to be funny, which is why I started out by saying I'd put my propellerhead cap on, but of course it emanated from my feeling that the tech-impingement thing has already gone far enough, a generational POV no doubt.

I'm old-school in my thinking of course and recognise that whilst some things will never change, thank God, many others drag me kicking and screaming into the future, whether I like it or not, and I usually don't, but hey, it's as you suggested, we've no choice but to embrace it, really.

Krull":2dxyk2pp said:
Hmmm AI eh. I’m sure AI will be great for humanity...can’t wait for some AI and 5G. Should be wonderful times.

In this world gone mad we won’t play guitar, the guitar will play us.

For sure. 5G and MEC will make live streaming a serious thing. I could see musicians using new technology to stream their music to fans (potential fan base) in real time, take requests, have conversations etc.

AI (Artificial Intelligence) seems trickier to come up with a decent application as 'most' music is art right?

Here are a few ideas though:

1.) Use AI to do what I was talking about in the OP. Frequency/string focused effects?

2.) Use AI to fix mistakes live in real time. This would be more controversial and take away from the art aspect. Maddnotez made a thread either here or at GAB about musicians using backing tracks. My consensus was if that was part of your sound and people knew it was a backtrack - no bid deal. If you are using a backing track because you are lazy - not so good.

What if you could use AI to learn your song and learn your technique, tone and style to help you in a live situation if you made an error? Grabbed the wrong note for example. Could AI fix that for you before it hit the PA?

Personally, I always like Jimmy Page because it was a bit sloppy. You know? Had swing and push and pull to it. And even though he DID add a lot of production elements - a lot of their songs sounded under-produced if that make sense. Garage like. Mastadon is like that. I'm not as much into super perfect shredding.

3.) Maybe use AI in some kind of way to stimulate song creation? Or double check the webz to make sure a riff you just came up with isn't already being used. Use AI as a riff building tool?

Monkey Man":3x6c8r2s said:
Good question, Ed.

I'll add another you mightn't have thought of:
Guthrie Govan.

I would argue that Petrucci and govan are minor guitar heroes at best. In the past EVERYBODY knew who EVH, Slash, Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Keith Richards were! if you aren't a guitarist, you don't know govan, and few know the guitarist of dream theater. rock isn't as popular and bands don't get big enough or promoted on a big enough scale, plus MTV stopped covering rock and playing videos. sad state of affairs.

you know when you are writing a solo for a song, and you come up with the solo in your head, and figure it out slowly but surely on guitar? soon, we will have a thunderbolt port wired into our brain, and we will bypass the guitar altogether, record the solo you are thinking of straight out of your brain to DAW or tape.

Well, many times I've lied, many times I've listened and many times I've wondered how much there is to know....maybe in 10 years we'll know :)

In 10 years I hope to NOT be a Plank Cranker Wanker !!!
And maybe I can finally master the damn melodic minor scale without getting confused as shit....

:LOL: :LOL:
mooncobra":3jri7h8p said:
Monkey Man":3jri7h8p said:
Good question, Ed.

I'll add another you mightn't have thought of:
Guthrie Govan.
I would argue that Petrucci and govan are minor guitar heroes at best. In the past EVERYBODY knew who EVH, Slash, Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Keith Richards were! if you aren't a guitarist, you don't know govan, and few know the guitarist of dream theater. rock isn't as popular and bands don't get big enough or promoted on a big enough scale, plus MTV stopped covering rock and playing videos. sad state of affairs.
:yes:

Back