What are your predictions for the next decade?

CNutz":i1dvc6yl said:
Monkey Man":i1dvc6yl said:
Agreed 100%, mate.

I was simply expressing my belief that it's already impinged enough at this point, and in the cases of many of those who use mobile devices (smartphones in particular), probably way too much. Thankfully I'm unable to use BT, Wi-Fi and 'phone (microwave) transmitters, so in a way I've been "protected" from the possibility of all-encompassing intrusion.

Right on. Do you remember the things your parents, and even older generations would say? Things such as the world is going to shit, this new generation is destroying everything, this music (rock-n-roll, perhaps metal, etc.) they listen to is causing them brain damage? Stuff like that.

This is how it's always been, it's not new. Consecutive generations cannot stand one another, that includes the tech, and toys.

I think by the time we get into our 40's we start feeling this way. I know I did, I've just been aware of it, and try not to slip into that way of thinking.

Agreed about what parents told us growing up.
Was told I would go blind from masturbating.
But I only need glasses at this point. :LOL: :LOL:

So your neighbours didn't yell, "Get off my lawn!", eh Dan.

Instead they screamed, "Stop masturbating on my lawn!". :LOL: :LOL:

Monkey Man":37klwo29 said:
So your neighbours didn't yell, "Get off my lawn!", eh Dan.

Instead they screamed, "Stop masturbating on my lawn!". :LOL: :LOL:

And all these years I thought masturbating on grass made it greener.

They need it 'cause they use so much for flowering / fruiting.

If you want mega-lemon yields it's mandatory. :gethim:

Puking on plants kills them. My mom was pissed back in the day when I came home drunk at 15 and puked on her flowers on the way in.

Hmm... maybe that's 'cause it tastes so-bad. :confused:

Let's ask Dan for a piss <-> puke comparison. It could be that lemon trees have "good" taste. :LOL: :LOL:

I think with music one of two things will happen. We will see the trend continue to more and more electronic music or there will be resurgence of bands playing real instruments, another punk or grunge movement like we have seen in the past.

If we continue down the path we seem to be on with music, I predict less and less places to play where they tolerate stage volume. This means that guitarists will have to use in ears, cages around drums or only digital drums, etc. This doesn't mean that everyone will go completely digital, but many will.

I know many hate in ear monitors and say they will stop playing if they have to do that. And that may be what happens. If you want to play live, gotta use in ears. You can still use your tube amp, but it has to be into a reactive load, then into an IR.

Myself I figure I have about 25 more years of playing, just going to take more gym time than I am doing now to stay strong and be able to handle holding a guitar for hours.

Sounds like a plan, man.

My prediction for pop music is that it's gonna continue to slide down the pathetic-melodies slippery slope... if that's even possible. :doh:

BigGuitars":8hyvpv4y said:
Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

This next one will be controversial, but what the hell...

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

No white majority = no western nation, and absolute hell for white folks.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.

Are you boomery enough for the the boomer club?

Also, fuck you and 100% of this post. Fucking dork.

Music is very deeply connected to the time period and state of the world/society it's connected to, so it would be extremely hard to predict. My opinion.

Will guitars and tube amps stay relevant? Probably not. Hard to say, but they're on the heavy downswing. Everyone is expecting a resurgence because trends operate in waves, but again, pretty hard to predict that. If you keep hoping for it, you may be disappointed.

I, for one, love the advancement of technology. I am a Gibson guitar through a good tube amp guy, but that doesn't mean that I believe everything that's older is better. We are at a point now where almost everything is instant. Things are easier than ever. If I don't know how to do something, I can google it and figure it out in minutes, or figure out if it's way above my skill level and I should reconsider, drastically up my knowledge or scrap and call someone in.

Even with things like recording, the $180 used laptop I bought last month just tracked 16 tracks simultaneously with plugins enabled and next to no latency doing a live band recording. 20 years ago, nobody could do that. And if they tried, it sounded like ass, or was on a portable recording unit that was extremely limited.

I dunno, I'm definitely rambling here. Just some thoughts on the questions above. Humans have to be willing to adapt and evolve, or be left behind. Everybody view the past with rose tinted glasses and long for the good ol' days, I get that. Maybe human nature? But to shit on everything that has happened past a certain point in life just because it's different is fucking stupid, and probably a good sign that you're not equipped to deal with change or the level of technology in the present or future.

Oh, yeah. I have still yet to hear a digital platform that can do what my 100 watt splawn through 2 4x12 cabs can do. But if it ever happens, count me the fuck in.

Krull":2hze9gg6 said:
It’s funny when people talk about technology like AI and how it leads to “progress”. Little do they know they are creating what will shape up to be a society under total tyranny. But hey what do I know...

Perhaps. Could be used for good, or bad. Just as firearms can be use for good, or bad. Thus far Technology has enhanced our lives. It's made business more productive, and AI is just the next logical step. Really you're not going to stop it. Even if it was banned in one nation, other nations would surpass the nation it was banned in, and business would just move. It's $$ driven, and capitalism does not care about the good ol' days. Send the illegals back, haha petty soon businesses wont give a shit you took their slave labor away, Jose 3000 will be flipping your burgers.

Krull":2jz7aqak said:
CNutz":2jz7aqak said:
Krull":2jz7aqak said:
It’s funny when people talk about technology like AI and how it leads to “progress”. Little do they know they are creating what will shape up to be a society under total tyranny. But hey what do I know...

Perhaps. Could be used for good, or bad. Just as firearms can be use for good, or bad. Thus far Technology has enhanced our lives. It's made business more productive, and AI is just the next logical step. Really you're not going to stop it. Even if it was banned in one nation, other nations would surpass the nation it was banned in, and business would just move. It's $$ driven, and capitalism does not care about the good ol' days. Send the illegals back, haha petty soon businesses wont give a shit you took their slave labor away, Jose 3000 will be flipping your burgers.

Like everything else in the world, yes it could be used for good or evil. But it comes down to who is in a position of power and as we all know, those who controlled the past control the future.

Yes AI will take away the low level jobs like flipping burgers but you don’t need much AI power to do that anyway. What is concerning is having the technology in all aspects of life. Which no doubt it will and the consequences of that have been debated and to me seem down right grim for humans.

Of course it would be futile to stop it because people like you depend on it as a career and are doing it to survive and pay your bills so to speak.

The end result of such a technology remains to be seen but I honestly can’t argue for its validity as a human on the verge of extinction.

From what I've seen so far, people adapt. For example when illegals began taking the shit jobs here in the south, the citizens just moved up the ladder, became the managers, supervisors, entrepreneurs, crew chiefs, etc. Productivity, and profitability increased allowing for even more upper tier jobs. I think we'll see something similar with AI. Machines do not last forever, they require service, replacement, sales, installation, upgrades, etc.. And thus this is why I urge everyone to jump on the future, and not try to hold it back. You don't necessarily need a degree, google has everything you could wan't to know about any industry. You could sit and bitch about how bad it's going to be, or you can get up to date, and be secure. Not that hard really, people that have taken my advice on this, not one has ever regretted it. There are a shit ton of tech jobs, and I don't see an end to it.

BTW nice to finally have a civil conversation with you. ;)

BigGuitars":1akucuwh said:
Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

This next one will be controversial, but what the hell...

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

No white majority = no western nation, and absolute hell for white folks.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.
I'd rather keep the /pol/ lingo away from this forum..

Back