What are your predictions for the next decade?

Rick Lee":h9o13npn said:
I won't always be able to haul a 100w Marshall head and 4x12 to a gig, but I can't see ever getting out of tube amps. Every time I scour the various sites for deals on Marshall heads, I go back to my man cave, fire up the 1987xl with both volumes on 6 and wonder why I ever bother looking for more. I just can't imagine a better tone or feel. And tube amps have a feel you cannot capture in a recording. When you're in the same room with the speakers moving air, your pant legs moving and the head is very warm to the touch, that's something a pocket amp or modeler cannot replicate.

This.

It's a natural feel and unique experience.

It may be trivial to some, but it makes the experience different for me. Maybe it's like vinyl. Not all think it's the end all, but it's the experience.

I have a friend with a $5k vintage HIFI system. Listen to Sabbath on that and tell me it sounds better out of your digital file.

I have enough tubes around to last for my lifetime and have enough amps around for what I need.

There is just something for me with a tube amp.

Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

This next one will be controversial, but what the hell...

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

No white majority = no western nation, and absolute hell for white folks.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.

MrDowntown":13l8wbit said:
ETA: at some point...years after we're all gone...the world will have forgotten or never heard of the Hendrix-Vaughn-Halen-Moore-etc's (the guitar gods we grew up to)... some kid, some where, will pick up a guitar, play some old licks that were originally cut in the 60's-70's, and the world will be set on fire again, and The Music will be reborn...

That’s not due to happen until 2112 :LOL: :LOL:

I think it depend how the economy will be. If is true we will face a recession soon, music and guitars will not be the first worry...

Hopefully we'll see a even bigger resurgence of 80's style super strats that i can draw inspiration for my next partscaster build! :rock:

BigGuitars":2stkpata said:
Well, here I go...

Hopefully no technological progress will be made in our daily lives from now on, and preferably there’ll even be a moratorium or even reversal of the technology in our daily lives. Enough of this hyper-technological era, and this push for more and more and more technology. I’ve had enough of it. It’s got to go. It’s all moving way too fast. It doesn’t make anyone happier if you really think about it. This push for AI and automation is total crap too IMO, and will be bad for the world overall. It’s got to go as well.

We are just making ourselves as humans more and more irrelevant with our bone-headed quest for technological advancement. Many humans cannot even do simple daily tasks that were normal just a decade or two ago because of technology. Enough of it! It’s garbage. Outside of the medical field, I think technology needs to slow down, or even take a few steps back. Our daily lives need to have less of it. Why does anyone actually like this hyper-digital, hyper-artificial, cyber world we’re moving towards? I don’t. I guess smart phones can stay since they’re already here, but NO MORE! Enough!

I hope in this decade, the people of western nations will wake up and realize that their genetic heritage and culture is being systemically threatened, and a slow genocide is being intentionally performed on people’s of European descent via 3rd-world immigration, economic/trade policies designed to destroy the white middle/working class and lower their birth rates, combined with entitlement/welfare systems designed to increase immigrant birth rates, as well as half a century of propaganda from Hollywood, mainstream media, and public school education designed to brainwash and demoralize white westerners into believing that their displacement and dispossession is a good thing, and that “diversity” and “equality” are wonderful virtues they should welcome onto their nations (even though no non-white, non-western nation is ever told they must “diversify” or surrender their culture).

If a great awakening to these bleak realities is to occur in the west, then this is the only decade it can happen if anything is to be done about it. After this decade, it will be too late to stop or reverse the demographic shift. Peoples of European descent will be wiped into oblivion as our numbers plummet, and we eventually disappear from the global population, because it is really only the countries we reside in that are hit with this progressive, marxist, multicultural, egalitarian propaganda, and told that a white country is “racist”, and we MUST “diversify”, or else we’re “racist”. The other nations/people are not being asked to do this to their countries, and will therefore retain their genetic heritage and their cultures. After this so-called “multiculturalism” has run its course, it will only be peoples of European descent who will lose their nations and cultures, and be wiped into oblivion. Whites will endure a period of global diaspora which will entail immense persecution before they are eventually genetically erased from the planet. This is a mathematical and statistical reality if you look at the data and projections. It’s not some “white-supreeemist” conspiracy theory.

There I said it. That’s what I believe. I tried to present it in the most non-racist, matter-of-fact way I could. But I think I’m pretty spot on.

It amazes me when Americans are put off by immigration. Your family is legal because your ancestors said so, the American Indians didn’t invite us you realize.

mhenson42":1pq34n9y said:
MrDowntown":1pq34n9y said:
ETA: at some point...years after we're all gone...the world will have forgotten or never heard of the Hendrix-Vaughn-Halen-Moore-etc's (the guitar gods we grew up to)... some kid, some where, will pick up a guitar, play some old licks that were originally cut in the 60's-70's, and the world will be set on fire again, and The Music will be reborn...

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know

IHateRap":phd1bb9v said:
mhenson42":phd1bb9v said:
MrDowntown":phd1bb9v said:

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know

:rock:

I’ve got KILLER AMPS!! done chasing.
I just wanna play what I got and have fun!
:rock:
Play few times my house with my drummer. House parties...
Laughs ... food drink. That’s all I’m looking forward to.
I’m sure some microscopic amp that’s shoved up your ass that connects to your nervous system will sound incredible!! :LOL: :LOL:

BigGuitars":2bmkl0d7 said:
Well, here I go...

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Calm down with the delusions

BigGuitars":pxih38fl said:
Well, here I go...

OK boomer.

(Sorry just can't resist it. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

swamptrashstompboxes":3vibfwz5 said:
I will be rocking the tube amps, be an active musician, and throwing it down on here. I will also have cirrhosis of the liver and live in an insane asylum where I have access to the gear as it gets released at NAMM. world piece will be in the shitter and climate change will not occur. Also the world will be considered flat, weed will be legal, and I get paid to swallow massive amounts of qualude and Adderall and entertain the fellow patients at full stage volume while they are drooling on themselves.

Whatcha think?

Where’s the fucking like button? :thumbsup:

BigGuitars":1909r7ny said:
Well, here I go...

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

311splawndude":2j0d9nu9 said:
Where will we be in 10 years?

Will you still be rockin' it?

I'm only 28 so hell yeah! New album in May and recording all the time! The Fender 72 Reissue is in for Jumbo frets to bring the shred and a few other projects on the go

Will you still have a tube amp?

Still love my JMP1, ADA MP1, GK 250ML SolidState. But for apartment recording I'm sticking to the Fractal.

Will gear forums still be a thing?

Sadly Gen Z aren't interested in learning how to use old school HTML forums. They have forums like Reddit and Facebook which are HUGELY active. The amp and gear pages on Reddit are still buzzing with activity. If RigTalk is moved to a more modern GUI I feel a lot of the older members would be upset. I always get the best advice here though, Facebook can get a bit silly with people arguing and Reddit can just end up as drama and memes.

Will you still be rockin' it?
I'll be "rocking it" as long as the clubs want me there doing so. If I don't have places to gig, I'll probably stop playing though. The scary thing here is that we have all seen a decline in clubs and people patronizing them. I was talking to a club owner last weekend, and she said over the past few years the cops have scared off all of her clientele by posting check points in both directions on the highway within a quarter mile of her club. With DUI fines being so severe anymore, people just aren't willing to take the chance. Young singles frequent clubs far less often, because their purpose has been replaced by dating/hookup apps. IMO clubs will continue to decline, which will leave us with far fewer venues to play.

Will you still have a tube amp?
Maybe. TBH, my tube amp pretty much stays in the studio now. I switched to a Headrush Pedalboard for gigging, due to ease of portability. Plunk it down on the floor, plug into the PA, strap on my IEM's and go. Honestly, I don't see myself going back, because digital is only going to get better. Plus, with club owners demanding lower stage volumes, digital just makes more sense.......for me at least. ;)

Will gear forums still be a thing?
In one form or another they will. I agree with the above poster who said that platforms like Facebook and Reddit will likely take over. Reddit......maybe. But Facebook? I see Facebook disappearing over the next decade. I don't know anyone who hangs out there any more. Small private forums like this are extremely difficult and time consuming for the average Joe to keep running. I ran one for years and know that just keeping up with the spam bots is almost a full time endeavor.

Back