What DAW/Computer/Drums you guys using?

Years ago I got stuck on using cubase, it just makes the most sense to me.
I mic the drums and if needed ,replace with midi triggering in Cubase.

If you have an apple , learn logic , by far the cheapest.

been using digital performer since forever, on version 11 now, ezdrummer 2, and i'm on a mac studio, which will be out of date in like a year

thanks apple

been using digital performer since forever
Good on ya mate! It's the only DAW I've used since switching from ATARI in the late '90s.

and i'm on a mac studio, which will be out of date in like a year
I think you'll be OK mate. The Mac Pro's are gonna be expensive apparently... and unfortunately. You'll have the bulk of the power, which is more-than-enough, at a fraction of the cost.

The M2 range shouldn't be an order of magnitude more-powerful than what you have BTW, not like the leap from Intel to AS was. More like 15% I reckon.

Good on ya mate! It's the only DAW I've used since switching from ATARI in the late '90s.

I think you'll be OK mate. The Mac Pro's are gonna be expensive apparently... and unfortunately. You'll have the bulk of the power, which is more-than-enough, at a fraction of the cost.

The M2 range shouldn't be an order of magnitude more-powerful than what you have BTW, not like the leap from Intel to AS was. More like 15% I reckon.

yeah i don't nor think most if any music producers truly need the power of a mac pro or especially the new mac pro with apple silicone whenver that arrives, the mac top of the line is made for rendering/video work, and it's overkill for surfing the webs and word documents,

the m1 ultra is probably overkill even for professional studios, i have read people that do 11.1 surround sound mixing work with the m1 max, i think that's the name of the cpu? and are perfectly happy with the speed etc

the studio is silly quick, and if apple silicone comes out with some sort of jade 2c for the pro it's probably more suitable for not only people who need the power to render in blender or unreal etc, but insane scientific number crunching for deep learning, data science or AI, i mean it's crazy to think that a home studio or even producers for justin bieber need that kind of absurd power,

must as well rent a cray to get the sound you want on your home made album,

like saying "yeah i need exaflops performance, i'm waaaaay beyond petaflops, hell my guitar tracks alone clearly need several petaflops"

i mean it's getting ridiculous and it's awesome. and ridiculous,

computers today literally are quicker and better than supercomputers of the early 2000s,

and DP is a winner for me, and easy for me than most other programs, i can work with most others but DP is just like riding a bike for me

Logic and EZD.
- I’ve tried many DAWs (Logic, Cakewalk, ProTools), and Logic is a good balance of simplicity vs features.
- I’ve tried many drum programs (EZD, Drummer Logic, Drag & Dtop Drummer, Strike), and EZD is a good balance between price, features and tone.

I made the mistake of getting ableton after my brother told me how unbelievable it is.

Easily the worst DAW I’ve ever seen. Doesn’t like the ox box either. I got a razer blade advanced a couple years ago but I’m ready to go back to Apple. Screw it.

I think I’m going to get the Mac studio. Anyone have one? How do you like it?

Thinking of trying Luna and if that still has issues go to logic. Luna definitely has some awesome aspects to it.

Anyone using Luna?

What drum app you using? Superior drummer has some good sounds ive heard.

What other drum programs sound good?

Daw = Reaper (free or 60$)
Drums = Alesis mesh electronic kit
Drum Trigger = GGD Modern and Massive
PC: i5 32gig RAM Windows 10 2 x 2tb SSD (I don't like macs)

Back