What happened to the price of tubes?!

IMG_2735.jpeg

If you lose the mentality that they need to be changed every six months and actually keep them for their useful life it's peanuts. Probably costs you more every day to flush your toilet. Still a good opportunity to turn it in to a political thread though.

Wasn't GE or somebody asking about what tubes people would be interested in seeing manufactured again within the last couple of years? I feel like there was a thread about it here. I wonder what the start up costs would be :unsure: ...Probably more than it's worth.

ironically the worst part of owning tube amps are tubes🤣
Just this morning was piddling with one of my homebrew amps and right after I did a few changes a preamp tube decided to take a shit. So I spent an hour chasing what I had done and then thought wait I didn't check the PI tube and sure enough that was it.

Fucking tubes...cant live with em cant live without em.

Oh, and as mentioned its the combo of Shuguang factory shutdown (fire) and the whole Russia clusterfuck. There were only three big factories making tubes and that's two of them right there.

I just ordered tubes the other day for the first time in a couple years. Got a little sticker shock. Picked up a rev blue that still had the original tubes in it, so I didn't have much of a choice. I was dumb enough to pay for overnight shipping too. Going to be 4 days before they get here. Fucking tubes.....

US Gov doesn't set the price of oil. OPEC & Oil Corps do.
Another favorite bullshit story is Social Security affects the deficit. Nope. SS is paid for by the payroll tax.
Trumps tax cuts raised taxes on working families and tripled the deficit.
That bait & switch all started with Ronald Reagan and still doing it.
Cut tax on Billionaires, make middle class pay for it, raid Social Security and not pay it back & triple the deficit.
Ive seen it my entire lifetime. Oh then blame Democrats

Oh, and as mentioned its the combo of Shuguang factory shutdown (fire) and the whole Russia clusterfuck. There were only three big factories making tubes and that's two of them right there.
China tore down the Shuguang factory cuz they needed that real estate for the winter Olympics.

He didn't stop the money printing presses either. Biden is as much to blame as anyone. Guy couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were on the heel. You know....."the thing".....sniff sniff fondle fondle....dude is as much of an embarrassment as a guy who lives on the beach and still spray tans himself when he could be out in the sun soaking up them golden rays.

They're all a joke, okay? None of them executive ordered tube manufacturing, and most things are still MIC despite the whole covid supply issue bs that about collapsed the supply of hospitals.

Back