What is the "Best" 4x12 cab Bogner, Diezel, Mesa or Marshall

Maybe it's the aging of the wood, but the older the cab the better it sounds when it comes to Marshall. I know over time they changed the back panel from birch to ply to chipboard, if I remember correctly.
The one exception would be the TV cab...new or from the 90s they sound great.
Those TV cabs and the Celestions they loaded in those were SO good. A huge sounding cabinet. One of my favorites.

what about emperor 412 cabs? i heard they are good good cab?
I love my Emperor. I've had it for 9 years and it's a fantastic sounding cab with the highest build quality I've ever seen. I'm in the process of downsizing my rig and it's really the only thing I'm on the fence about getting rid of. Love that cab but I want more space in my music room for other things and I don't need a 4x12 for playing in my bedroom. If it was wired stereo, it'd be one thing - then I could use it for both my heads, but I'd have to do some significant routing to the back panel to do that and it'd still be taking up a lot of space.

I’ve acquired 2 more Marshall 4x12s during the pandemic. One is an early JCM800 with G12-65s. I believe the hype. The other is a Fawn ‘78 with black backs. It kills as well...too subjective.

Attachments

• 4B59802F-A1C9-44FB-A6EF-E34C27A92274.jpeg
    4B59802F-A1C9-44FB-A6EF-E34C27A92274.jpeg
    681.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 3993332F-D41B-4665-8409-A6DB4E9DAF67.jpeg
    3993332F-D41B-4665-8409-A6DB4E9DAF67.jpeg
    901.2 KB · Views: 67
What is the "Best" 4x12 cab Bogner, Diezel, Mesa or Marshall

Do you think that 12 year old list would include Friedman if asked today? Or yesterday, like it probably was :)

Are we talkin Cabs only, or Speakes for different types of Rock, Blues, etc? I prefer G12 Vintage 30 Celestions, as they get more Midrange (800KHz~1,200 KHz), or Greenbacks that capture High Frequencies better... Mesa Heads bang out Bass and Cabs are deeper physically to actuent the Low Frequency.

Mesa Traditional/Stiletto 412s are magical. Way better than many other cabs, including Recto cabs.
Ü play heavy / dirty bangin songs? Are we talkin Cabs only, or Speakes for different types of Rock, Blues, etc? I prefer G12 Vintage 30 Celestions, as they get more Midrange (800KHz~1,200 KHz), or Greenbacks that capture High Frequencies better... Mesa Heads bang out Bass and are deeper physically to actuent the Low

That's hard because different amps just jive better with some cab & speaker combos than others. That said, I'm a big fan of my Kerry Wright 4x12 with V30's. It's room filing with good thump and a wide sweet spot. I gigged it with all v30's and x-pattern v30x75's at different times with a Cameron modded Uber, Cameron HG Jose, & Fortin Cali along with playing a quite a few other amps through it and it always did a great job. Now if you're looking for something very modern or that has the most extreme percussiveness and laser focus, then I would point you elsewhere - it has some bloom to its response. Killer all around cab.

I may roam, but I keep coming back to Mesa Recto/Standard straight 4x12s. They're solid as a rock and just have that sound I want. They weigh like 110 pounds or some shit though.

Mesa 4×12 straight is great w/ Mesa Double Rectfier Hd; comperable to old Bogner 2×12 Cabinet and Head (Unkown speakers), but bought an Unfinished, Hand Made 2×12 Pine Cab, added 2 Celestion G-12 Vintage 30 Speakers (4 ohm made in England) that Blows away both Mesa and Bogner cabinets. Speaker choice is as important as Guitar or Amp, as it is the Final 'Filter' in the chain. Lóòking 4 info on this Bogner Head?
Danyo, Were The Speakers the Same?

That's hard because different amps just jive better with some cab & speaker combos than others. That said, I'm a big fan of my Kerry Wright 4x12 with V30's. It's room filing with good thump and a wide sweet spot. I gigged it with all v30's and x-pattern v30x75's at different times with a Cameron modded Uber, Cameron HG Jose, & Fortin Cali along with playing a quite a few other amps through it and it always did a great job. Now if you're looking for something very modern or that has the most extreme percussiveness and laser focus, then I would point you elsewhere - it has some bloom to its response. Killer all around cab.
More Midrange from Celestion G-12 Vintage 30's. Lóòked at Frequency Chart compared to others G-12 Spks Enhance mid-range, where all other sag...

I may roam, but I keep coming back to Mesa Recto/Standard straight 4x12s. They're solid as a rock and just have that sound I want. They weigh like 110 pounds or some shit though.

Same. I played my trad sized custom 4x12 with uk v30’s and 2012 chinese GB’s (16 ohm) then switched to my Mesa OS and it was there. Better speakers, bigger volume, “just right.”

Back