What is your preferred speaker for use with Wizard amps?

Depends on what I’m plugging into my MTL. Currently really liking the Alnico Cream set in my Wizard cab.

Also like it with a V30 and G12H-75 Creamback pair. They complement each other well.

It is not at all conventional for metal but I like the g1265 creambacks. I usually see this speaker talked about for classic rock or blues, but for whatever reason it just sounds right to my ears for galloping metal chugs with the Wizard.

Granted I’m not doing a super scooped sound because I play an 8 string, so too much bass and too little mids would make it unusable. Maybe I’d feel differently with a 6 string.

I know this sounds like "fan boy" commenting, but I believe any cab is going to sound legit amazing with these amps. Fine tuning the speaker cabinet to your personal preferences will sync it to 100% perfection though.

I personally use a over-sized Bogner 2x12 cab with vintage 30's and it sounds stellar.

Attachments

• 20180223_131745.jpg
    20180223_131745.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 56
I know this sounds like "fan boy" commenting, but I believe any cab is going to sound legit amazing with these amps. Fine tuning the speaker cabinet to your personal preferences will sync it to 100% perfection though.

I personally use a over-sized Bogner 2x12 cab with vintage 30's and it sounds stellar.
It’s very true . I have 5 cabs and the wizard is always great . But some bring out more magic . It’s crazy what cabs can do. Uberkab is my Fav atm

h30 annies. Bit on the aggressive side. And very strong i a particular portion of the mids. If you dial in your amp really kinda clean on preamp gain, and use the power tubes to bring the destruction, it has a crushing tone.

h30 annies. Bit on the aggressive side. And very strong i a particular portion of the mids. If you dial in your amp really kinda clean on preamp gain, and use the power tubes to bring the destruction, it has a crushing tone.
I like agressive. This sounds awesome

It is not at all conventional for metal but I like the g1265 creambacks. I usually see this speaker talked about for classic rock or blues, but for whatever reason it just sounds right to my ears for galloping metal chugs with the Wizard.

Granted I’m not doing a super scooped sound because I play an 8 string, so too much bass and too little mids would make it unusable. Maybe I’d feel differently with a 6 string.
I play 8 string in my main group . interesting.you have clips ? I’d love to hear this cab with 8 string . I’m running my MTL2 in an Uber when I use 8 string . But ya I’d love you clips if you have any

Back