What's a good neck pickup to pair with a Super Distortion

screamindemon

I am putting a Charvel build together and want to try a Super distortion in the bridge(never tried one)
and was thinking PAF in the neck. Both Cream of course. Guitar is Alder with a Maple neck.

Looking for recommendations.

Here are the ones I'm looking at:

PAF Master
PAF 36 aniversary
PAF Pro
Air Zone
Air Norton

Also, Why does Dimarzio offer a F spaced neck pickup ? Thought that only applied to the bridge ?

Thanks, Brian

I've got a Stratocaster with the SD and PAF Master. My favorite neck Humbucker.
Amazingly chimey with cleans and sings clear and open for shred neck leads. It's the only guitar I use for neck cleans. I like it better than all my single coils. It might just be the guitar but it sounds fantastic.

Badronald":fs7bag6c said:
I've got a Stratocaster with the SD and PAF Master. My favorite neck Humbucker.
Amazingly chimey with cleans and sings clear and open for shred neck leads. It's the only guitar I use for neck cleans. I like it better than all my single coils. It might just be the guitar but it sounds fantastic.

Wow, great review ! Sounds like what I am after.

Thanks ! :rock:

I've tried the original Dimario PAF, the PAF 36th anniversary, and the PAF Pro.

For my purposes, I liked the PAF Pro neck the best, as it's got more power to it than the others while still retaining a vintage vibe. It also uses the same hex screws as the Super Distortion so aesthetically looks better to match. (They usually come with black pole pieces, but you can order them with same chrome/silver ones so it matches).

Any of those PAFs would be good. F space neck pickups work for guitars with 43mm nuts.

PAF Pro will do the trick. I have that exact combo in this on.

10928183_10205609725297936_8678523741005987542_n.jpg

Also a cool neck pickup I stumbled on from DiMarzio is Al DiMeola.

I also ave 36th anniversaries in a LP ans they sound great

Thanks for the input guys ! Looks like the Pro is the pickup of choice so far. :thumbsup:

I do like that it has a little more output.

I like the DP 156 Humbucker from Hell for a neck pickup. I have one in an SG paired with Super Distortion in the bridge and same configuration in my Flying V. The 156 sounds great clean or distorted.

I just recently changed the neck pickup in my LP Classic to a 156 as well. No mud. I left the 500T in the bridge because I like the way it really punches

thunda":15bppqox said:
I like the DP 156 Humbucker from Hell for a neck pickup. I have one in an SG paired with Super Distortion in the bridge and same configuration in my Flying V. The 156 sounds great clean or distorted.

I just recently changed the neck pickup in my LP Classic to a 156 as well. No mud. I left the 500T in the bridge because I like the way it really punches

Thanks for the input. I will take a look at that one. :thumbsup:

I do like the PAF Pro in the neck with a Super D in my Charvels, but recently tried the Air Norton, gotta say, it sings just a bit sweeter.

Back