What's a good OD that is in between Klon and TS ?

Timmy/Tim, Analogman King of Tone, Barber Gain Changer are some that come to mind.
The Timmy/Tim can be dialed anywhere from clean to crunchy, bass and treble to taste. Dialing the bass down makes it as tight as you want for metal riffing. I'll never be without.

Analogman KOT is my new fav. Like a Klon, it retains some bass, so won't be the tightest pedal for razor sharp metal riffs. But it's juicy, articulate, and cuts through great. Love it.

The Gain Changer, and other Barber overdrives, are underrated, imo. Great bang for buck, stands up to anything I've had, for a price that won't hurt.

The Chiron is most excellent if you decide to go the Klon route.

I love a klone but got sick of the charge pump whine that often happens. I found the Friedman Golden Pearl to be voiced perfectly for getting more usable gain and saturation out of my marshall 2203 and 2204 but still cutting. I think it’s voiced in between a regular TS and klone. I also get great results with the way huge green rhino due to the 100k and 500k knobs but the golden pearl is better overall.

I'm interested in the RJM Overture and Full English.

The stuff Wayne makes looks really interesting too.

I find I pretty much need a noise gate with a overdrive or boost.

Any chance of making a Zuul+ Wayne ?

This is my next OD.

1702593889706.jpeg

I know it's more of a Klon style pedal, but has anyone tried the new Origin Effect Halcyon Gold?

Origin-Effects-Halcyon-Gold-Overdrive.jpg

I've heard a ton of positive reviews about their Revival Drive pedals, but very little on their overdrives.

I'm interested in the RJM Overture and Full English.

The stuff Wayne makes looks really interesting too.

I find I pretty much need a noise gate with a overdrive or boost.

Any chance of making a Zuul+ Wayne ?
I have a schematic for the Zuul ...... not the Zuul + though ... anyone know what differentiates the two ?? But yes .... I could build one .

I have 9 new pedals that will be available within a month ... some earlier than others ... some really cool stuff coming !!

Few more OD's .....couple of Pre amps ....a 6 Band EQ .... revised versions of my real deal Dallas Rangemaster clones ... Fuzzface clone .... the OctavPuss ......

My dream OD was always something that could do both with the flick of a selector switch, but had an EQ section more like a graphic EQ than a tone knob, so you could get specific about what is being boosted or cut...I drafted a pic of it in 10 minutes using MS Paint, anybody know of a pedal like this? Feel free to steal the idea and use it as a base for a new pedal if you want, I know there are enough builders on here! Have at it Griff haha

Attachments

• Ultimate OD.jpg
    Ultimate OD.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 16
I have a schematic for the Zuul ...... not the Zuul + though ... anyone know what differentiates the two ?? But yes .... I could build one .

I have 9 new pedals that will be available within a month ... some earlier than others ... some really cool stuff coming !!

Few more OD's .....couple of Pre amps ....a 6 Band EQ .... revised versions of my real deal Dallas Rangemaster clones ... Fuzzface clone .... the OctavPuss ......
Can you say anything about the EQ yet?

Are the band-centers going to be in the typical mxr format with each band doubling itself on the spectrum, like 100, 200, 400 ect.,,,,,,,,or is it going to be like some of the modded EQs (seen a modded Boss eq7 on here awhile back) where the centers are at specifically chosen places that do not always double themselves?

Can you say anything about the EQ yet?

Are the band-centers going to be in the typical mxr format with each band doubling itself on the spectrum, like 100, 200, 400 ect.,,,,,,,,or is it going to be like some of the modded EQs (seen a modded Boss eq7 on here awhile back) where the centers are at specifically chosen places that do not always double themselves?
yes .... just a simple six band .... @ 100Hz , 200Hz , 400Hz , 800Hz , 1.6Hz and 3.2Hz

My dream OD was always something that could do both with the flick of a selector switch, but had an EQ section more like a graphic EQ than a tone knob, so you could get specific about what is being boosted or cut...I drafted a pic of it in 10 minutes using MS Paint, anybody know of a pedal like this? Feel free to steal the idea and use it as a base for a new pedal if you want, I know there are enough builders on here! Have at it Griff haha
In the Axe-FX III all of the OD pedals come with a graphic EQ. It is really nice to dial in sounds.

Back