What's a good OD that is in between Klon and TS ?

The Tamura modded Tube Screamers are pretty just what you’re describing. Like a TS tweaked to be more Klon-like

Not what you’re describing, but some of my favorite boosts are also the Fortin modded Tubescreamers and Thorpy Team Medic

Also to note i am not a modern metal guy at all. I like mids =to be heard in live mix!

In this vid you will hear how the MTN by Karma sounds good but it lacking some upper mids -could not dial that in. However I am a dead room with tons of foam and wall panels
The tumnus you will hear that is mid rich but a little too much in the gain. Really hard to find the sweet spot for me, And it's the mini Tumnus which only has a treble know for eq

Also to note i am not a modern metal guy at all. I like mids =to be heard in live mix!

In this vid you will hear how the MTN by Karma sounds good but it lacking some upper mids -could not dial that in. However I am a dead room with tons of foam and wall panels
The tumnus you will hear that is mid rich but a little too much in the gain. Really hard to find the sweet spot for me, And it's the mini Tumnus which only has a treble know for eq

Yeah I think the 3 I recommended would still be great for those criteria, although possibly the Fortin TS could be a little too much. Imho the Tumnus and other wampler pedals have this inherently plastic-y sound that I don’t care for

are you trying to juice the JEL20 ?? I have a 50 watt JEL ( 2204 ) .... I use my Klon clone to juice ... if I want some added mids I turn on the screamer in front of it .... and stack ... my Screamer runs the OPA2134 chip which is super quiet and " very " hi -fi " it doesn't add much noise at all to the Klon

Back