What's Cooking?

Where?

Sriracha/Mayo on top.
Sriracha inside and on the plate
You mean the avocado?

cream cheese/avocado/julian cucumber/shrimp/sriracha/salmon/rice/seaweed wrap

XyU265n.jpg

I don’t make a lot of pan pizza. I generally like thin and crispy, but for whatever reason I decided to go thick and hearty today. Dough was a 4 day ferment. Cheese on bottom (part skim mozzarella) then leftover meatballs crumbled on that, then a sauce made with a lot of fresh garlic, tomatoes from the garden, basil from the garden and a splash of red wine. Lots of good, strong pecarino on top.

One piece is a meal! It’s very hearty. Next time I’ll play around with cornmeal and some more oil in the dough itself. Take it more Chicago deep dish style.

as previously stated i'm a bish for pizza...the skillet pizza pics look damn good.

i LOVE low-country boils, steampots...whatever you call it. that would be my portion in that pic there :D

Chinese Chicken Strips.

chinese-chicken-fingers-with-duck-sauce.jpg

Batter:
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 c water (or a little less as needed)

Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Add water slowly, being careful not to make it too runny.
The chicken strips should almost be able to float on top of the batter without sinking.

Heat peanut oil in fryer to 375°F. Slice chicken into thin strips, batter them, and deep fry until golden brown.

Dipping sauce:
1 c. applesauce
3 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp regular soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
In a small bowl, stir together. If possible, allow to rest a few hours or overnight so the flavors can meld better.

WARNING: If you plan on getting baked before eating, make sure you're alone so you can have them all! :LOL:

Last edited:
This is a Tibetan Lhasa pepper. I grow these at the hottest part of the year and let them starve. They will turn fiery red and be fairly spicy. They are used in a lot of dishes in Kuching and a lot of parts of Indonesia.

Attachments

• A359F46E-3FB0-4D70-86FA-1085928FFDB6.jpeg
    A359F46E-3FB0-4D70-86FA-1085928FFDB6.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 43
This is a Tibetan Lhasa pepper. I grow these at the hottest part of the year and let them starve. They will turn fiery red and be fairly spicy. They are used in a lot of dishes in Kuching and a lot of parts of Indonesia.
We grew some plain jalapeños this summer. So good for Simmer time. Eat them on burgers, eggs, wrapped on bacon. Yummy.
Also got sweet basil Going. Throw it on some Italian bread, olive oil with sea salt cracked pepper, Roma tomatoes, mozzarella and grill it til it’s toasted.

We grew some jalapeños and then something called a nolapeno. It's a jalapeño with no heat. My wife doesn't like spice. Surprisingly, they've become the biggest hit with our friends in spicy margaritas. I went to an upscale Mexican place and saw it on the menu and ordered it. I really loved it. I've been trying to make my own version all summer. I keep experimenting with the recipe. While floating in the pool or sitting around the grill on a warm evening they're really good.

Back