What's Cooking?

The kid is coming over tonight with his girlfriend so I'm thinking pizza. Here's a couple of videos of some cooks I did recently.

Pizza

Cobbler

Prepping today’s poolside appetizer. Indiana tomatoes, homegrown Serrano peppers and Meijer third-world onions and limes. Mmmm - third-world produce
😆

Attachments

• 237808094_4940434822638368_5355001756184690386_n.jpg
    237808094_4940434822638368_5355001756184690386_n.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 62
After 9+ seasons, 40+ tanks of propane and countless chicken wings, it was time to rebuild the Weber Genesis. With new stainless heat shields, porcelain flame tamers, stainless grates (an upgrade), thermometer and knobs, she's ready for more grilling. The original burners were in surprisingly good shape...

Attachments

• Grill - Copy.jpg
    Grill - Copy.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 66
After 9+ seasons, 40+ tanks of propane and countless chicken wings, it was time to rebuild the Weber Genesis. With new stainless heat shields, porcelain flame tamers, stainless grates (an upgrade), thermometer and knobs, she's ready for more grilling. The original burners were in surprisingly good shape...

Very nice man. That is actually an excellent grill. We had one for a long time, and they were great about warranty parts.

Who has a good recipe for a beef jerky marinade? I have one I like, but want to try something different...

Tried something on a whim and it came out pretty good.
Thanksgiving Meatloaf.

Basically a meatloaf made with ground turkey and a box of dry Stove Top stuffing instead of spices and breadcrumps..
With about 15 minutes left to cook I covered the outside with whole berry cranberry sauce, which turns into a really thick glaze when it heats.

Served with mashed potatoes and gravy.
The meal was great and leftovers made killer open faced sandwiches the next day.

So stupid easy.
(added an extra egg to the meatloaf so it wouldn't be dry)

You have your own flat top? Too cool.
They are so convenient. I can crank out pancakes, eggs and bacon for a bunch of people in no time. When I was young I worked a high volume breakfast diner for a couple years, and missed how awesome flat were...cranking out 15 smashburgers at one go.

They are so convenient. I can crank out pancakes, eggs and bacon for a bunch of people in no time. When I was young I worked a high volume breakfast diner for a couple years, and missed how awesome flat were...cranking out 15 smashburgers at one go.

100% serious - one of my favorite parts of watching Diner cooking shows is seeing the crust you can get on a hamburger with them!

thumb_images-of-homer-simpson-drooling-donuts-calto-49176077.png

This is the one I got. It is totally worth it. The entire griddle lifts up so you can clean under it and access the burners, some of the others in the same price range don't. It gets really damn hot with the 4 burners (I usually use 2 burners at most) but performs best out of the wind. I like using it in a garage or enclosed area.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Rhino...-4-Burner-Liquid-Propane-Gas-Grill/1000364859

100% serious - one of my favorite parts of watching Diner cooking shows is seeing the crust you can get on a hamburger with them!

View attachment 88981

This

This is the one I got. It is totally worth it.

Nice! Can you maintain two different cook zones when doing a big breakfast, etc.?

Just remembered I had a night gig here after my 1st kid was born and they had one for steak subs.
Thinking back on it, loved the 'clang' sound. :giggle:

index.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Can you maintain two different cook zones when doing a big breakfast, etc.?

Just remembered I had a night gig here after my 1st kid was born and they had one
for steak subs. Thinking back on it, loved the 'clang' sound. :giggle:

View attachment 88987

Yes, it has the 4 burners, so I will crank one up, put one to half...and the residual heat carries over to the rest of the griddle to keep pancakes warm and hold whatever else warm as you prepare other foods. That place looks like a sweet old diner. I miss that job everyday, quite possibly one of the most mentally taxing jobs out there.

Back