What's in a name?

MadAsAHatter

I was taking some notice to the different usernames everyone has. Some are funny, some are pretty cool, others a bit oddball, all interesting in their own way. I'm kind of curious how y'all decided on the username you have. Is it an old childhood nickname? Does it hold some sort of deep meaning to you? Is there an epic tale of adventure and conquest behind it? Maybe a really funny tale of a drunken night that ended with everyone calling you that and it stuck. Or was it just chosen at random?

There's not much special behind my username. I've used it on various forums for a long time now. The obvious root of it is from Alice in Wonderland, but I picked it from the line in Megadeth's song 99 ways to die "I'm as mad as a hatter and strung out just the same" The whole picture of being goofy, a little bit insane, a slight troublemaker, and always going in the direction opposite the norm is a good chunk of my personality. Basically I'm the guy people refer to as "Oh, that crazy fucker." So MadAsAHatter seemed rather fitting.

How about the rest of you? Why do you pick your chosen username?

Stupid Blind Melon, In the Listening Room in GFPM mag. listening to Pull Me Under...

'this is the kind of guitar sound that makes a million lights jump up in their rig'

'any minute there's gonna be a squealie'

Fuck Blind Melon.

Strat - obvious guitar reference
Jacket - Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

First forum I was ever on was a Georgia Tech message board way back, I’ve used that name everywhere else since.

Stupid Blind Melon, In the Listening Room in GFPM mag. listening to Pull Me Under...

'this is the kind of guitar sound that makes a million lights jump up in their rig'

'any minute there's gonna be a squealie'

Fuck Blind Melon.
Probaly the same Melon interview where they were laughing at Satriani and saying "it sounds like he practices." Then the guitar players went on to explain that they were much better because they took acid when playing and that made them play with feel. They said it sounded like Satch was just playing scales. I think the only scale the boys from Blind Melon are familiar with is the one they weigh out their dope on. Melon can go blow a Bumblebee.

Last edited:
Gtrwun…. Guitar one….. came up with that for my AOL name when the interwebz first started. Was my email, EBay, Reverb, PayPal… etc.

I am BeZo.
8yCA9Bsi_400x400.jpg

It seems that one of the reasons we are on forums like this is that we are searching for THAT tone. Hence the name. The 1 is because I forgot my original password so I had to start all over.

Mine is the nine Black Riders. The servants of Sauron. Former Kings who have fallen under his sway and are now Ringwraiths neither living or dead.

I read Lord of the Rings probably 10 times before the movies ever came out.

Mine is the nine Black Riders. The servants of Sauron. Former Kings who have fallen under his sway and are now Ringwraiths neither living or dead.

I read Lord of the Rings probably 10 times before the movies ever came out.
Always wondered if that’s how you got your name…

For me, long ago I met Paul Gilbert and he was such a cool down to earth dude, went with his former band. After the X the rated just seemed right to put there.
After my former career and all.

Haha no former career, just jokes.
😬

Mine is pretty self explanatory. Especially if you look at my Avatar. However, I will say that I wasn't clever enough to come up with it myself. Way back when, I had seen or read somewhere that the intro to the Ratt song "Shame, Shame, Shame" was called "War in D". I'm a huge Demartini fan, so I appropriated it for online forum use and that's what I've used on every online forum I've been on.

Back