Whats the best solo of the 80s??

best solo of the 80s??

• Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • other

Votes: 29 93.5%

• Total voters
this is one of the best solos of all time let alone the 80s. CC through his searing crates perfectly captured the heartache and emotion im sure Brett was going through losing a prime pam anderson. just incredible

That majestic serenade even inspired Anthrax to go hair metal for one song only:

Maybe a bit mainstream but for me it would have to be sweet child of mine. Slash has to be one of my all time favorites and while November rain was epic, Sweet child was just super awesome to me and the most memorable.

A close runner up would have to be Youth Gone Wild. That (those) solos are bad ass. Dive bombs in and out, shreds in between with high energy and a perfect trade off, that one is killer.

Honestly those are great. I was never into the band but man if that isnt some of the more technically proficient playing.
Not just technically-proficient but emotionally-evocative.

Lukather really gets that feeling of oomph / Hell yeah / positive energy / enthusiasm / inspiration across in the outro I reckon. A real mood-lifter.

Look man, if we are gonna get into that....
836C625B-8800-4D62-B62F-8D3EB46EB9B1.jpeg

this is another forgotten gem, at 2:34

TERMINAL EAAAAARTH! CAUGHT IN A TRAP!

you guys need to listen to better 80s music lol

Reactions: Geo
this is one of the best solos of all time let alone the 80s. CC through his searing crates perfectly captured the heartache and emotion im sure Brett was going through losing a prime pam anderson. just incredible

I'm going to pretend the question is 'best solo from an otherwise cheesy late 80's rock ballad' - otherwise this thread is making me rethink the entire universe as I understand it.

The answer, obviously, is I Remember You by the Skids.

Back