What's your favorite guitar and why?

I live in Denton. McKinney is about 30min drive. Not truly local, but I don't consider it far away, as the DFW/Metro area seems like continuous developement. There used to be many more small independent stores similar to GS around the Metroplex. I've been real happy with Guitar Sanctuary. I usually deal with Brian Meador. Super knowledgeable, he always treats me fairly. Very good Man. No complaints. I bought my last 2 Andersons, Mesa MKV 90W, MKVII, California Tweed 4:40, and PRS core model Paul's Guitar there.

I've been going back and forth over that DGT, or a Private Stock version of it. I was really surprised over my core model Paul's Guitar. Really like most everything about it. I usually get a guitar re-fretted with stainless if it doesn't come that way. But I love the frets on my PG. They're not stainless but still really smooth. I usually always change some little something on a guitar, but not wanting to change anything on this one.

I've always really dug all the PRS's I've ever had, but just gradually drifted away from them to other things (mostly tele's or T-style). What really excited me about my recent P's Guit, were the pick-ups and the hard-tail. This guitar works for me everywhere a strat or tele would. For sure doesn't sound exactly like either one, but to my ears it "just works", if ya know what I mean. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love North East Texas & Northwest Louisiana. Played many gigs out that way, but never Paris. The pandemic shut down all my gigs for a while. Things finally starting to come back though. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think things will ever be the same.

You should enjoy the Sanctuary if you get to check it out. There's lots more gear there that isn't on the website. You may even run across Andy Timmons. I think he teaches there. They also do some cool clinics and one-off shows there. Never been to one, but all I hear and read are good things.
Very cool .

Thanks for the heads up about GS.

Now I really hope I can talk my friends into taking a trip to GS.

My Purple(Neon) Ibby RG(92).....plays like a dream, bends are super slinky, is resonant, ...has the look, feel, and tone
I love...it's a dream guitar(for me)

My 1995 USA San Dimas 1 comes in a close 2nd:
DSC03965.JPG
DSC03971.JPG

Last edited:
2010 Silverburst SG might be my fav. It's not the best playing or sounding, but I love it. Always enjoy playing it, always end up playing something good on it.

Reactions: rsm
My junky looking 1973 Les Paul Deluxe(converted into a Standard) with routing and full size humbuckers. Lots of mods and upgrades to the things that make a difference. The neck is a 3-piece and sanded very well with 1500-grit. The profile is insane. As they say, "LIKE BUTTA". I have a 1998 Jackson SL-1, in a custom ordered Black Cherry color that is also loaded up with the FU upgrades parts and EMG Lukather set and electronics plus their SPC control.
I'm pretty close to this with my number one being a 72 converted LP deluxe. sunburst with 70s super distortions. The neck is slim all the way down to the heel. Just perfect for me, like you said... LIKE BUTTUH
IMG_20200808_174237.jpg

No specific favorites, but I do play my Nocaster more.

Attachments

• IMG_3176_zpsd08693aa.JPG
    IMG_3176_zpsd08693aa.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Nocasterenhanced_zps816eefbc.JPG
    Nocasterenhanced_zps816eefbc.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 17
Back