What's your favorite guitar and why?

rsm

Just for fun...

I was looking at EBMM Majesty 6 guitars and learned the Kaizen 6 was available. I knew the Kaizen 7 existed, but I have enough to do with six strings so I don't need more.

I ordered a Kaizen 6 (Indigo); it was so good, I got two more (White and Mint) within a week, and maybe buying another soon (Black).

If it had a floating trem like the Majesty, it would be perfect for me.

The pickups sound great, the playing is comfortable, I like the look and ergonomics, it just works great for what I want and need. I have a fav hardtail model (Ibanez PS), and floating trem model (Jackson Rhoads X series), but my fav "does everything guitar" are my EBMM Kaizen 6.

I wish they'd do a Sterling, these EBMM ain't cheap! These are my first EB guitars too, wish I paid attention to them sooner.

What's your fav?

The 1983-85 Charvels; 1986 Jackson strats seem to check all the boxes for me...the 08/09 USA Charvel Pro Mods have my fav neck profile that seems to coincide with the vintage versions I've owned. Grew up playing Floyds so I prefer them over HTs. I have a particular 1986 Jackson pointy that is the first maple neck/factory Floyd I've had. It's my favorite of any guitar I've owned to this point.

I love high end EBMM but don't have enough income to justify one still

My favorite guitar is probably my silverburst standard but unfortunately I have to sell it

After that, the carlino impulse is second because of weight and balance issues for large people

My junky looking 1973 Les Paul Deluxe(converted into a Standard) with routing and full size humbuckers. Lots of mods and upgrades to the things that make a difference. The neck is a 3-piece and sanded very well with 1500-grit. The profile is insane. As they say, "LIKE BUTTA". I have a 1998 Jackson SL-1, in a custom ordered Black Cherry color that is also loaded up with the FU upgrades parts and EMG Lukather set and electronics plus their SPC control.

Attachments

• DSC04193.JPG
    DSC04193.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
This is my favorite
IMG_9661.jpeg

1993 Surfcaster Std.

I thought I wanted a 3 lipstick tube pickup guitar. Turns out the original Kent Armstrong pickups were weak and lifeless. However, this guitar just plays perfectly.

Getting someone to make me a new pickguard was like pulling teeth so I made this one myself. I put in some Lollars. A Novel Goldfoil and a Royal T. Now it sounds as great as it plays.

EBMM Kaizen; not a signature, but a design collaboration between EBMM and Tosin Abasi; he has his own guitar company, Abasi Concepts
Ahh. Yeah, I know he has his own guitar company. I didn’t know it was a collaboration.

Reactions: rsm
Back