What's your favorite guitar and why?

Ive got some good ones but this one play's well and sounds the best. KNE Franky body//Callaham bridge//Vintage Dimarzio SD and the neck is from George Lynch's old Tiger guitar.

Attachments

• P1010059.JPG
    P1010059.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
My 05 LP Standard. Scored this about 15 years ago for cheap. Has had 2 neck repairs, however, they did a great job and it's very hard to notice. Was so dirty and grimy it was considered a plain top when I bought it. After many hours of cleaning the diseases off it, it showed its true self. Finally a nice guitar I don't mind lugging around. Plays wonderfully.
20230412_231337.jpg

My early 2000s SG standard is probably my number one. It’s been with me through thick and thin.

But the one I’m most proud of is this Billy Bo type parts guitar I put together

IMG_6255.jpeg

Gluff body, Warmoth neck, Rio Grande Filtertrons and a duesenburg trem. Really came together nicely. The knob on the lower horn is a master bass cut instead of a volume. A Well Hung python strap rounds it off
I really pushed myself to give the top a nice stain. I dig “relic” guitars but sometimes they come out so cheesy. I also dig burst finishes but they can also get pretty cheesy, so I stained the guitar with little “bursts” in the common wear areas to kind of give it a worn in look, and also the two tone feel of a burst.

Certainly subtle but I do think it was effective

IMG_0128.jpeg

It's one of these 2 depending on the day. I've played shredders most of my life but the first time I played this 6120 was a revelation, and now I have a Gretsch problem. I'm mostly into sludge and death/thrash and Virus, Gojira, Gorguts, Deathspell type stuff. These pull it off surprisingly well with a unique sound.
26.png

C7E33B79-F8FE-47FD-8C3F-383ED8DE36CE.jpeg

Locke body, MJT finish, Musikraft neck, SS frets, original Floyd, SH-5 from the ‘80s.

Was a semi-playable dog that I was ready to give up on and part out until Pete Skermetta got his hands on it a couple of years ago. Now it’s my best playing guitar and it sounds great.

How do you like that high voltage set? I tried the BK Riff Raffs and didn’t love them, but do absolutely love a David Allen Powerage set in my SG. Always curious about the HV set though
I love them. Started out with the CS Pearly Gates. The HV set is clearer but has about the same output. I had the Riff Raffs in a LP and liked them overall, but found them a little stiff/clean sounding in the end.

If I had to choose one, it would be my 1986 MIJ Fender strat. I’ve bought and sold many guitars but this has been my main stay for the past 10 years or so. Never disappoints.

Reactions: rsm
Back