When did the GT-75 hate start? You’re deaf, clips inside.

VESmedic

I’m obsessed with these speakers, and these aren’t even the older 80s vented models. Little too much low end but who cares, this is so sick to me. Little messy because of the Octive pedal as well but it adds to the vibe of the riff, just thought it was cool.
Jackson B7 dimarzio deactivators
Recto orange modern
Real pepers dirty tree

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rl6o...aish.wav?rlkey=a87eerjqc35nxd6n1gx45nd9z&dl=0

*added*

Morin modded Marshall with 75s

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/es4h...aish.wav?rlkey=xw131wy43kg9i7ojht11bp6zq&dl=0

Last edited:
This always confused me as well. I figure the Marshall 1960 cab is likely THE MOST USED 4x12 OF ALL TIME on rock, punk & metal stages, yet gear whores tend to thumb their nose at it. My theory is like with most Marshalls, guys simply aren't playing them loud enough to get why they're that good.

Clip sounds great! I've always loved any older T75s with every Recto I've had. Duals, Triples, Tremoverbs, Fs, Gs, MultiWatts, and especially the C.

And Orange Modern is the shit.

This always confused me as well. I figure the Marshall 1960 cab is likely THE MOST USED 4x12 OF ALL TIME on rock, punk & metal stages, yet gear whores tend to thumb their nose at it. My theory is like with most Marshalls, guys simply aren't playing them loud enough to get why they're that good.

Clip sounds great! I've always loved any older T75s with every Recto I've had. Duals, Triples, Tremoverbs, Fs, Gs, MultiWatts, and especially the C.

And Orange Modern is the shit.
Agreeed completely. They are on sooooo many of my favorite albums, and not just mine. Like, everyone’s benchmark tones( Atleast in the heavy world) exodus, dead heart in a dead world, heartwork, literally just about anything Meshuggah etc. they just are killer as shit.

And orange modern is the winner everytime, I almost never ever use red modern. Not that I don’t dig it, I do, but orange modern is just so thick and huge sounding, it wins everytime for me.

I love them in my Ubercab though they are paired with v30s: never had much time with an all v30

Last edited:
I had a few marshall 1960 cabs that had them, and liked them ok, especially with a mid-heavy marshall type amp.

I have a slight preference to v30's, as I find it's slightly easier to get a sound I'm content with for recording or band mix purposes. But I could always get a comparable result running gt75's with most amps I ever used.

They can be killer, with the wrong amp they can sound like shit.
Same with a V30.
The earlier 80s versions are way less picky than the newer versions I’ve played. A good worn in 90s cab can also be killer.
When you can buy them for 30 bucks used per speaker, they’re a steal. Only versions that will cost you are the 83-84 vented versions, the very first T75s.

No hate, I just prefer speakers with a more prominent midrange push. Lots of people like them, I’ve sold 3 quads of em out of 1960 cabs I’ve bought used in the last few months. Def nothing ‘wrong’ with them—many get great tones out of em. Personally not for my tastes tho

Lately I have been using a 212 with V30s, and a 212 with G12T-75s. Works pretty well together!

I did have them X Pattern in a 412, but the 2 separate 212 cabs seems to work better in my room.

It's because the midrange scoop era throughout the 90's (which the T-75's worked perfectly for) , people got tired of that sound, and started shitting on it, and anything associated with it.

I remember hating anything vintage during this time. You could buy old plexis, and LPs for cheap back then because people didn't want them, they wanted a scooped recto type thing 🤷‍♂️

Honestly everything comes back around. It'll all become desirable again at some point.

They can be killer, with the wrong amp they can sound like shit.
Same with a V30.
The earlier 80s versions are way less picky than the newer versions I’ve played. A good worn in 90s cab can also be killer.
When you can buy them for 30 bucks used per speaker, they’re a steal. Only versions that will cost you are the 83-84 vented versions, the very first T75s.

I agree, the early versions are just less "picky" with amps - slightly smoother and a hair less scooped

The modern versions sound quite good though IMO, especially with Marshalls

It's always funny hearing the hate from tan pants types, because 1960s are literally UBIQUITOUS at punk and metal shows of all sizes, everywhere in the world

Back