Who does the Cali mods now...?

axemane

I know Dan Gower does awesome work just not sure about sending an amp to the UK and back.
Shipping costs to UK? + the mod costs ... :confused:

Does anybody else do the Cali mod in the US?

isnt the Cali mod a Fortin thing?

If its Dans then you have to find someone Dan trusts here to do it. I dont think ive seen one mod that I havent seen before though so ??

Pretty sure Cali mod is Mike Fortin. Send it to him.

Mike Fortin isn't doing any mods anymore as far as I know.
I would have already sent him the amp if he was.......

I have played and owned several "jose" style amps with the diode clippers and the Fortin sounds the best to my ears :rock:

Never heard of the fupa mod. I'm sure it's a killer but I want a Cali mod.

@Jerry- Thanks pm coming your way.

axemane":ovzhhsgs said:
Never heard of the fupa mod. I'm sure it's a killer but I want a Cali mod.

@Jerry- Thanks pm coming your way.

If you're set on a Cali mod (Mike's work), then look for a used one. They are out there. Each builder's version is different.

Contact Dan Gower for your Cali mod. Perfectly legal and sanctioned by Mike and built to Mike's standards and specs and then some.

Steve

I had one and like an idiot I traded it :doh: :doh: :doh:

They are kinda rare as I see far more Camerons than Fortins.......

I had a chance to get mine back recently but couldn't come up with the coin fast enough.

Really miss that amp for it's chug,tightness and all out articulate thrash awesomeness :rock:

And without the jose kicked in it sounded awesome as well.

Dan's looking for a good 2203 for a Killer Kali mod for me at the moment. Beyond stoked and very much looking forward to owning my own badass Marshall! :rock:

why dont we go down the list of cali mod variants...that way, you'll all help me decide what is best for me!?!

is the hulk mod a variant of the cali?

Dan is finishing my amp up right now. I sent him my amp USPS and cost me around $150 US dollars. Dan is a great guy and has great communication skills.

dawnofdreamx97":1sxj5991 said:
Speak to Jerry P @ FJA mods , he builds the FUPA mod which is a killer high gain jose mod .

That FUPA clip you posted up awhile back sounded insane!

Dan is the man... killer Kali++ is Cali mod and then some.
He will also just do the Cali if you want.

Hey Axemane,

Unless you already have an amp that you want to have modded, maybe i could help you source an amp that's already in the UK. That way you only have to pay shipping 1 way when the mod work is finished :)

If that sounds good, shoot me an email at Dan@DanGowerAmps.co.uk and we can sort it all out.

Cheers!
Dan

You could just buy a chupacabra. Pretty much the same amp. Compared mine side by side to a Cali and there was very little difference. :thumbsup:

Back