Wild reamp/tracking day!!!! *clip added*

1641925701012.jpeg

I'm looking forward to hearing how that Granophyre sounds in comparison. That's one that's intrigued me for a while.

Now if you only knew how to dial in tone(I say sarcastically since I'm is jealous as fuck).
I'm super curious to hear the differences to see how much you play to each amps strengths.
As I have said before, you never cease to impress me.
If I had a project going, I would pay for your service since I always add too much high end due to hearing damage.

Now if you only knew how to dial in tone(I say sarcastically since I'm is jealous as fuck).
I'm super curious to hear the differences to see how much you play to each amps strengths.
As I have said before, you never cease to impress me.
If I had a project going, I would pay for your service since I always add too much high end due to hearing damage.

You are too kind my friend! I have to have the best of the best of everything to even come out mediocre, so I don’t know how good that makes me at anything haha!

I am going to post some clips, it’s going to be a few days though as I’m on shift for the next 48 and work a 48 this weekend. But I’ll do what I can. I can say so far I don’t “think” I like the mk3 Herbert as much as the mk1, however the hazyness in the midrange is gone for sure, but it just sounds choked in the low end compared to mine. Super strange. Not sure what’s up with it.

The omega is pretty great, the front end really reminds me of a recto, but to me the rev F still beats it out. I haven’t even plugged into the Friedman yet, as this whole session was getting all of the gear to my house, but also wiring up my desk and all my new 500 series gear, so that takes some time and learning etc. analog is fun but it’s sure as hell not nearly as convient that’s for damn sure.

I’ll post a quick clip of testing out my pultec EQ clone though:

Diezel Herbert mk1 ch.3
Precision overdrive boost
Engl 4x12 micing creamback 65M
Unidyne SM57
BAE 1073 mic pre

The first clip is with no eq, the second I put my pultec eq in the chain. Really love pultecs, even though I don’t use them on guitars much ( mostly bass). For some reason though, the Herbert specifically is fantastic with a pultec eq. Too much low end, but whatever.

No pultec

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/AdWk2iG8ixKAKGxM7

With pultec:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/v9y7j1hvkD44Z3dr7

The pultec definitely scoops some mids out the way I had it set up, but it sounds much more focused this way to me in a mix, much less boxyness. Changed the low end up too. There’s too much but again that’s an easy fix. More to come!

Last edited:
Back